Watch Freeks banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased this watch at a Movado Company store, so I know it must be real. I see it says Swiss Movado Quartz. Someone had told me that was a sign of a fake? The other Movado watch I have says Swiss Movado Made. What is the difference? Also I know the movement and/or parts of the watch have to be swiss, but I heard the watches are actually put together in New Jersey? Does anyone know? Can anyone explain the swiss made designation and if watches or parts actually have to be made in Switzerland?
Thanks

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
No they're not assembled in New Jersey

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Movado North American HQ is in New Jersey. If you need service in this country it is probably the first place I would send it.

Walk-in:

Movado Group, Inc.
650 From Rd., Third Floor (Mack Cali II)
Paramus, NJ 07652

Mail-in:

MGI
109 State Street
Moonachie, NJ 07074
1-800-810-2311

·
Registered
319 Posts
Apparently Movado has moved some of its manufacturing to someplace other than Switzerland. That would account for the "Swiss Movado movement" marking - indicating a Swiss-made movement in a non-Swiss case. I've noticed the "Swiss movement" marking on many of the Bold line models. Doesn't mean it isn't a genuine Movado - just that it isn't Swiss made.

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
If the front of your watch says "Movado Swiss Quartz" instead of "Movado Swiss Made", all this means is that your watch was manufactured before the year 2000.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts