Watch Freeks banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I have a question to ask everyone. I have a Citizen Eco-Drive watch and a Invicta pro diver watch. I have had the invicta for years and the Citizen for just a little bit. I just found out that both my watches need to be in the sun to charge the (lack of a better word) the glowing elumanation of the light in the dark. I had no idea that my invicta had to be charged in the sun or light sense it is a battery powered watch.

What my questions is how long are they to last. Mine does not more then about a hour or so in the dark when they have been charged for more then 6 hours at least. The glowing aspect dies on me quickly. I hear others on here talk about how they like that feature of their watch but I am not able to get the life out of the glowing lights like others talk about. Could anyone give me some more info on how they work so that I understand what i am doing wrong and how to get the glowing to last a long time so that I can acutely use that feature.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
OK I have a question to ask everyone. I have a Citizen Eco-Drive watch and a Invicta pro diver watch. I have had the invicta for years and the Citizen for just a little bit. I just found out that both my watches need to be in the sun to charge the (lack of a better word) the glowing elumanation of the light in the dark. I had no idea that my invicta had to be charged in the sun or light sense it is a battery powered watch.

What my questions is how long are they to last. Mine does not more then about a hour or so in the dark when they have been charged for more then 6 hours at least. The glowing aspect dies on me quickly. I hear others on here talk about how they like that feature of their watch but I am not able to get the life out of the glowing lights like others talk about. Could anyone give me some more info on how they work so that I understand what i am doing wrong and how to get the glowing to last a long time so that I can acutely use that feature.
I would say that 6 hours is more than adequate to "charge" the lume on the dial. Typically, the lume, or luminosity, is "glow in the dark" paint. The length of time it will glow depends on the watch due to the quality of lume applied. You are not doing anything wrong it would seem. Nothing else you can do to enhance lume or extend lume time. Some brands have incredible & long lasting lume. Try a search here on WF. Seiko & Breitling come to mind for great lume.

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Reactions: Roarry

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would love an omega. I just don't have the money to do so. They are up there on my bucket list of watches to own. One day I will have the money. When you have a 2 1/2 and a 4 month old your money is already spent. Its a job I don't mind spending my money on.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
I would love an omega. I just don't have the money to do so. They are up there on my bucket list of watches to own. One day I will have the money. When you have a 2 1/2 and a 4 month old your money is already spent. Its a job I don't mind spending my money on.

Lots of watches out there at affordable prices. Especially the micro brands. Check out the posts in the dive watch sections, just arrived and the review sections., like Andremas recent review of the Marc and Sons watch which is like $200.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I hear ya. I get that. That's why I mentioned Seiko. They aren't the only ones. Tattoo Chef gave sage advice.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
My benchmark in buying a piece, has always been durability, appearence,
accuracy, but not in that order.
Whether a piece has more or less luminosity doesn't amount to much.

X traindriver Art.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Like TC said, lots of the micros have very good lume.

Affordable wise typically Seiko and Citizen have good lume.

Here's a few of my micro brand and Seikos with fantastic lume. Be aware though, even watches with good lume stay bright like in my pics below for a few minutes then fade. However well lumed watches should be visible all through the night when your eyes have adjusted to the darkness.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts