Watch Freeks banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question about "Armand Nicolet" and "JeanRichard" watch companies.

Hi all,
My question is that are the watch companies "Armand Nicolet" and "JeanRichard" on par, are they all that they claim to be and are they worth their price tag? Or are they just wannabe luxury watches companies ( no offense to any of their fans )?
I was looking at some of the holiday sales and their watches are on between 75% to 85% off, which made me wonder that maybe they are not worth their retail price tag but I might be wrong and this is a chance to get on lol.
So I ask you guys about it.

Thanks in advance for you input.
Best regards,
Abdullah Masede.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Don't know much about Armand Nicolet. A mate just bought a JR around US$750, at which price it is decent value. The US$3k RRP, however, is truly laughable.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know much about Armand Nicolet. A mate just bought a JR around US$750, at which price it is decent value. The US$3k RRP, however, is truly laughable.
Hmmm... I did read two reviews of JeanRichard terrascope....one of 38mm and second of 44mm. They said it was a great watch and worth its price tag but reviews can be misleading unless you know that the reviewer is not for sale... and that's why I asked here

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One thing's for certain. I'm not "for sale". I call it as it is!
That's the reason I asked here.... Reviewers here, I respect! Tattoo Chef, TVdinner, Spaceview and many others are great and honest in their input. I have learned a lot from them.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
I do not have a lot of experience with Armond Nicolet. From everything I have seen the Jean Richards are nice but the retail value is inflated. About 3 months ago Ashford had a MASSIVE sale on these, most were had between $750 and $1400. They are using Swiss movements and all of course but they are not $4000 watches. I like the looks of them though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
370 Posts
I agree, having just got my first one, they are worth every cent of the 700 I paid for them but 4000 definitely not. In that price range the competition kills them which is why I think they are heavily discounted on sites like Ashford

Michael
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts