Watch Freeks banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

So don't know if it's the "I'm not wearing watches because I can't go anywhere" blues or I needed something new, but I decided to blow up my collection and have some new pieces coming this week lol. I will definitely add pictures as these pieces arrive.

I decided to move my JLC Master calendar moon. In my defense, I was having a hard time finding situations to wear this stunning piece prior to being sheltered in place. It was a hard decision but it was time. I also decided to move on my well loved, but in great condition, 1st Generation IWC Portuguese Chrono. Another hard decision, but was itching for some new things. I recently added a Speedmaster Professional, and it takes up quite a bit of wrist time.

So, I have 2 outgoing pieces, and 3 incoming pieces. I was able to do this and only come out of pocket $600! Here are the incoming pieces

Rolex Explorer I 214270. This is the older version before they added Lume to the Numerals. I've wanted one of these for the last few years, but could not pay the inflated prices. I had a $750 coupon on eBay for any watch over $5K. I was able to source one from a reputable dealer out in California, and snagged this for a pretty amazing price. Box but no papers, but it is from an Rolex AD and will have authenticity papers.

Tudor Black Bay Red ETA - Pretty excited about this one. I've always wanted a Black bay, and I prefer the older version. Will be nice to have a Diver in the collection again.

Omega SMP Ceramic Blue. This is the one I'm on the fence about. I have a blue dial JLC Polaris Chrono, so having 2 blue watches will be interesting. With that said, I'm also excited about owning a blue diver again...time will tell if I can hold on to this longer than a year.

Pictures to come later this week! Hopefully all of them arrive in the stated condition!

My current collection will be:

JLC Polaris Chronograph in blue
Rolex Explorer I
Omega Speedmaster Professional
Omega SMP Ceramic in blue
Tudor Black Bay Redd
Frederique Constant Flyback Chrono
Tag Heuer 1000 profesional Diver
Apple Watch Series 4 Stainless gold (Taking up most of my time in quarantine)

Super Moderator
Ooh wow Jimi, sounds like it will be an amazing week that is on
the way ! :D What an ingenious idea changing things up like this,
and having so many coming in at once too ! 馃憖(y)It will help take
your mind off of things going on in the world, and will just be the
best seeing such outstanding watches right?!

Am very happy for you, and look forward to hearing what you think
down the road Jimi. Keep on enjoying !!!

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Ooh wow Jimi, sounds like it will be an amazing week that is on
the way ! :D What an ingenious idea changing things up like this,
and having so many coming in at once too ! 馃憖(y)It will help take
your mind off of things going on in the world, and will just be the
best seeing such outstanding watches right?!

Am very happy for you, and look forward to hearing what you think
down the road Jimi. Keep on enjoying !!!
Definitely will do! I started a watch YouTube channel a while back, and I鈥檒l probably do a couple video reviews in the coming weeks! Something to keep my mind off the current situation, and missing hanging out with my local watch buddies.

Super Moderator
Definitely will do! I started a watch YouTube channel a while back, and I鈥檒l probably do a couple video reviews in the coming weeks! Something to keep my mind off the current situation, and missing hanging out with my local watch buddies.
Hey neat, didn't realize Jimi ! 馃檪 Videos are great because you can
get an even better feel, and appreciation for the watch, or watches
in this case. It definitely should keep your mind off things, and help
put a smile on your face. Big congrats ahead of time btw !

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Here are a few pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Not being able to take my "Babies" out for a walk in the public has put a damper on my wearing of a watch at all at home, now I just put one with good lume on for bedtime, so I can see the time when it's bladder draining time in the middle of the night.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Not being able to take my "Babies" out for a walk in the public has put a damper on my wearing of a watch at all at home, now I just put one with good lume on for bedtime, so I can see the time when it's bladder draining time in the middle of the night.
that鈥檚 actually a good idea. I鈥檓 in a fitness challenge so I鈥檝e been wearing 2 watches around the house. I might borrow your idea on wearing one while I sleep

Super Moderator
Yowza, is it me?! Or do these pics look like they were taken
for a watch magazine?! Or website?! 馃槻馃榾It is just stunning
actually, and unbelievable seeing all of these legends in one
place. o_O Honestly has to be like a dream looking at all of
them there in person. Man oh man, enjoy Jimi !

HUGE congrats here !!!

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Yowza, is it me?! Or do these pics look like they were taken
for a watch magazine?! Or website?! It is just stunning
actually, and unbelievable seeing all of these legends in one
place. o_O Honestly has to be like a dream looking at all of
them there in person. Man oh man, enjoy Jimi !

HUGE congrats here !!!
As always, you鈥檙e to kind sir!

Registered
That's a fine collection. The Black Bay is beautiful, I love that combo; obviously they're all exceptional. I loved your IWC too though. From fine watches to fine watches, rock on Jimmi.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
That's a fine collection. The Black Bay is beautiful, I love that combo; obviously they're all exceptional. I loved your IWC too though. From fine watches to fine watches, rock on Jimmi.
Thank you sir!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts