Votes: 26 51.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty simple question.

1) Post what your largest watch has ever been and how BIG it was.
2) Post a picture of the watch if you can
3) Post your ideal size now.

Ready ... GO!

·
Registered
129 Posts

I believe it was 60mm, very thick and weighs about a pound!

My ideal size is about 47-52mm. I have an 8.5" wrist, so anything smaller than a 45mm looks really small on me, so I won't wear them.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Tried one of the first Renato T-Rex 50mm when it came out years ago. Pretty cool looking at the time, but never was comfortable.

My go to size is back at 42mm. :cool:

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Largest is Bulova Chaplain Precisionist at 50mm

I don't really like anything less than 42mm and over.

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
I once owned this Sottomarino Manta Gigante. I think it was 60 mm with the crown guard. I have no idea what I was thinking. I'm sure it looked ridiculous on my wrist. Today I like 42 to 44.

Reactions: arogle1stus

·
Super Moderator
10,946 Posts
i've had two different 50+ and neither one stayed for very long. a SAN3 on bracelet (heavy enough to use as a boat anchor) and a Russian Diver. the SAN3 lasted a little longer, but the RD was so damn uncomfortable with the canteen digging into the back of my wrist all the time that it was gone in a matter of a month

with an 8.25" wrist i could "pull off" both of them (and was told so by a couple different jewelers) but i prefer something smaller. my "sweet spot" is 42mm width, 22mm lugs, 48mm L2L and 14mm thick

here's the behemoths-

James will remember this one-

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Helberg CH6, a chunky 45.5mm case. With the same case width, the Omega Planet Ocean XL 2500D has a much slimmer, more elegant profile.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
52mm was the largest.
I guess it comes down to the Invicta SAS and Russian diver. No pics of them as it was many years ago now.

Preferred size now is 44-46mm.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Invicta Reserve Venom 52 mm

I tend to like larger watches,45 mm and above and this is due to my poor eyesight. I also have several watches in the 45 mm range and that's about the minimum for me. My old 40 mm watches never seem to get noticed much and they are hard for me to read. So my ideal size would be about 47 mm.

·
Registered
571 Posts
The Zeus. I like obnoxious watches, but this one is too big and too heavy even for me. When I'm putting some thought in to my appearance, I prefer a 44-45mm. When I don't give a crap what anybody thinks, I break out the Invictas. I think this photo is actual size.

·
Registered
10,148 Posts
I have owned several 50mm watches but mostly Invicta's or Renato's but the largest I have owned was a Ritmo Hercules which was 52mm in Titanium and actually pretty easy to wear outside of the crown cutting into my wrist.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This was my biggest by far at 52mm (I think) and around 20mm tall (I think).
Looks so ridiculous to me now.

My current sweet spot for size is 43mm to 46mm

·
Registered
375 Posts
I still have a couple of Invicta SANIII autos that are 50mm, but have sold all of the other 50mm+ watches in my collection. The largest watch that I owned was a Stuhrling Apocalypse Tourbillon on mesh - was 56mm I believe. My sweet spot is in the 43mm-46mm range and I can firmly say that I will never purchase another 50mm+ watch.

·
Registered
381 Posts

50mm U-Boat Flightdeck ( without the crown ). Thank god that crown is on the left or I would have broken some bones by now.

I also have a hundred year old or so Longines regulateur that is in this size range due to it being a pocket watch at one time. It is currently getting a new main spring and unavailable for pictures.

My sweet spot is 45ish, but shrinking as I get older. (Insert jokes here)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
868 Posts
This one here:

52mm.

I have it up for sale now on another forum.

I now find myself more comfortable wearing watches in the 40-44mm range.

Also have a few 38mm that look good on the wrist, not too small.

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
50mm Russian military Sea-Gull 2551 Automatic Watch

TERRANAUT XL 50MM

1 - 20 of 45 Posts