Watch Freeks banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just received this Seiko and would like to know what the model# is and a bit more about the watch. It should start with SNZF. I read where it was for the Asian or Korean market and there were not to many made. I have another one in orange and the case #'s are the same 7S36-03D0. this one has a loose bezel and I want to get the right part to fix it. The bezel click ring (not sure what it's called) is what I suspect and I think they should be the same for both watches.

·
Super Moderator
9,637 Posts
Wow, it really is crazy trying to find information on this
one weldlife. 😮 You, and FB are right.

It seems like it’s still out there for sale on sites like eBay.
But they never seem to put the model # up like you are
saying. Honestly, has to be a really really limited edition
like you said. With everything seeming to match up with
regular Baby Monsters except the dial.

So am guessing any part for the normal Baby Monsters
could work for this one. (y)

One thing is for sure, it looks great from here ! 🙂

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have had some tell me that it is fake and was from the Mumbai market, wherever that is. It has lume on the hands and very little on the dial. That is not typical Seiko. Before I ask the person I got it from I want to be sure, just don't know where to go or ask. Any Seiko experts here?

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
I have had some tell me that it is fake and was from the Mumbai market, wherever that is. It has lume on the hands and very little on the dial. That is not typical Seiko. Before I ask the person I got it from I want to be sure, just don't know where to go or ask. Any Seiko experts here?
Ask them why they think its fake. Indian fakes are normally easy to spot, particularly on the dials which are normally printed on paper or other cheap material and the font is normally wrong. This one does not look like that and the lettering looks correct.

The only concern I have is that the white inner bit on the markers is not properly centred on some of the markers. Seiko has had some alignment issues with chapter rings on some diver models (SKX007 for one). This could just be a QC thing. Otherwise it looks fine to me based on the photo

·
Registered
237 Posts
As mentioned before, I'm not a Seiko expert, and frankly they have put out so many watches, it may be hard to find someone who knows all of them. Having one person say it's a fake does not make it necessarily true. If there are a lot of people saying it is fake, then maybe it is.

Have you tried to open the back of the watch to check the movement? (if this is likely to damage the watch, I wouldn't do it in case you want to return it to the person you bought it from)

Based on the photo below of a Seiko Mini Monster from Chrono24, the white blocks on yours are not square or centred to the "blocks" of the hour indicators. But, that does not mean anything really, other photos on Chrono24 show similiar issues with the printing of the lume/indicators and alignment of the indicators: Seiko 5 Sports Diver Baby Monster Steel Case SRP483K1 RRP £279 for $289 for sale from a Trusted Seller on Chrono24

The hands on your seem to be completely filled in with lume compared to the photo below. But then again, that does not mean it is fake, as you can see from this listing again the hands looks "filled in": Seiko 5 Sports Diver Baby Monster Steel Case SRP483K1 RRP £279 for $289 for sale from a Trusted Seller on Chrono24

1 - 7 of 7 Posts