Watch Freeks banner

Problems with Deep Blue Bluetech Master

8K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  biglove 
#1 ·
I have purchased five Deep Blue watches this year and have just been thrilled with them as a brand up until this time. My Bluetech Master 500, in green, has been a glaring exception to the quality I have come to expect from Deep Blue.

Had to send the watch back for re-lume of the bezel after a number of pieces fell out of the ceramic. Two weeks later, some of the same and more fell out. (Keep in mind that this is NOT a watch that has seen more than a couple of weeks wear over a year!)Returned the watch to Deep Blue again, this time waiting over three MONTHS for it to be returned to me. And then things got messy.

The watch was returned to me by Deep Blue with the bezel now out of alignment, an impossible to remove adhesive residue on the bezel, lume filled in haphazardly and sticking out up above the bezel, and the zero at the "40" mark actually being place with dull, flat side facing out instead of the glossy lume side. The aforementioned zero marker actually feel out en route back to Deep Blue!

Have been in touch with Sam at Deep Blue via email repeatedly over the last few months trying to achieve resolution. Sam offered to re-lume the bezel again, for the third time. Told him "no thank you considering the bezel had already been repaired twice and their repair shop, JS Time, had made things worse." Made Sam aware that by all appearances there are multiple issues with the lume adherence on these bezels and sent examples found on forums and eBay. Asked if any new bezels in the original green or even a black/white or white/black bezel were available and none were.

Asked Deep Blue to offer credit towards a new watch as the repairs have been repeated without success and it appears to be a design/manufacturing defect. Was initially told no credit would be offered.
Sam asked his superiors at Deep Blue, I truly do appreciate all his efforts, and Deep Blue offered me $200 credit if I returned the watch. $200 for a $700 watch that is just now a year old and has spent four months back for repairs three times?! That low an offer is almost insulting.

I have even sent screen shots of multiple people having issues with the ceramic bezels, listings on eBay of this model with lume missing and reports of people having to super glue lume back in or having their all lume removed and the bezels repainted in an effort to avoid having the lume fall out.

Obviously this is a manufacturing issue with the ceramic bezels on this model and Deep Blue is NOT standing up to admit this and resolve the issue.

Sadly, I will not be buying another Deep Blue watch if this is the kind of customer service and quality control that is in place now...

Pics

Original lume missing:

Botched repairs:
Bezel out of alignment:

Adhesive on bezel:

Lume not properly filled in:

Zero marker in "40" on bezel reversed (can be felt protruding from bezel & dull side out):

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow.....I'm really surprised at this CS issue. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: biglove
#3 ·
Welcome to the site. I hope you plan to participate on the site more then just 1 random first post to trash a brand. Hopefully you have a love of watches like many/most of us have and you will find other threads about a lot of different watch brands and models that interest you as well.

So you are saying you have 4 (four) watches from Deep Blue that you like and have been of good quality and performance. You are "thrilled" with them so far.

And you have 1 that you have had a history of issues with and are not mad at the resolution you have been offered.

Have you emailed Stan yet. Stan is the owner of the brand. His email is info@deepbluewatches.com AND PUT IN SUBJECT LINE - To Stan - Rarely do you have an opportunity to contact the actual brand owner BUT with some of the smaller brands these people are more accessible then others. Have you tried to email your story and pictures to Stan?

#4 ·
Hey there, TVDinner. I have only spoken with Sam at Deep Blue as it is my understanding he is the manager.

Have resorted to posting my concerns to make others aware of the issues with this model and with Deep Blue's response. This process has been ongoing for many months and a total of twenty-four+email conversations.

Don't want to come across as negative in any way at all! Just want other watch enthusiasts to know of the issues. Buyer beware, you know!

#5 ·
You would think they could just replace the bezel with a new one.

Considering all the botched work, I guess they don't have one???

Sorry about your issue, normally you don't hear much negative about DB.

Of course the proof of the pudding, is how CS issues are handled.

PS: Are you the orginal owner and when did you purchase the watch?

#6 ·
Did you just say that you "Don't want to come across as negative"??? What were you trying to come across as? I understand your frustration and hope you follow the above advice by contacting Stan directly. I own a business and have had the unfortunate situation where until I was made aware of a problem by a customer, the problem had not been handled properly.

#9 ·
First....welcome to the forum.

Second, I am sorry to hear of your issues with the watch.....that definitley would aggrivate me as well, when I spend my hard earned money on a watch that all you want to do is enjoy. And repeated returns and it not being fixed and repaired properly and sloppily would sour me as well.

Dont let some comments you might see in your thread here turn you off though.

We see lots of first time posters come out of the woodwork, only to post an issue or something negative, and well, we dont know the person, what has been done to the watch, or if they have an agenda.....and yes, we have seen people with nothing more than an agenda to trash a brand , for something in the end we find out, they did themselves, and were trying to push it on the brand as not being helpful.

Now, I am not saying that is you. You seem to speak well and put your points across in a good way, detailing your issues with pictures and to me, that you are not really bashing the brand, but more the fact that at this point you are just disappointed. The one thing that always sucks though is people are always more likely to post up their negative experiences and never the positive ones........but I guess that is the way i goes.

I would definitely try and contact Stan directly and see what he can do for you, maybe he can just replace the watch completely with a new one, or offer you another model in the same price range. If what you say is true with your issues you have had, I dont think it would be out of line. After all, you did not buy it to have issues, you bought it to wear it and enjoy it, because your are/were a fan of the brand.

Stick around the forum as well,...while Deep Blue is a good brand mostly, there are so many brands and models of watches out there, you might find something else to pique your interest.

Welcome again.

#12 ·
Thanks for the welcome's and hello's all.

I have been a lurker here for some time now and have to admit I rarely post on forums for the most part. I do, however, do lots of reading and looking.

I LOVE Deep Blue watches and think they are a great value for the monies paid. I am terribly disappointed in the QC on this particular watch and know that I am not alone in this case. I have worked with ceramics before and the great thing about them is the fact that they are so durable and easy to clean. Unfortunately, they are very difficult to get anything to adhere to them permanently. I have not been able to find a ceramic bezeled watch that DB has made since this one which may indicate that they have realized this?

Wish that the bezel had just been designed with the numbers painted vs lume as it would have been nearly indestructible. Wish that they would offer replacement bezels to all who own this model who would wish to have it replace...maybe with that type of design or even a sapphire bezel like those on the two DB Depthmasters I own?

Have to admit that I tend to post most of my watch pics on my FB account for friends, family and the public to view. My ID and watch photos there: https://www.facebook.com/biglovetravis/media_set?set=a.10200255685089301.196513.1068213950&type=3

I am also a big aquarium person and keep a 240 gallon tank of African Cichlids!

Sorry that my first post is a "downer," but I am wanting to let people know that this is an issue with this model watch and to share my frustration.

I will be emailing Stan directly, now knowing that he may not have knowledge of the goings on.

Thanks to everyone for their replies!

#14 ·
Thanks for posting this. People need to know the bad as well as the good to make an informed decision.
I've only had one DB and liked it, unfortunately his products are too big for my tastes nowadays.

And welcome.

#16 ·
Welcome to the forum, sorry to hear of your issue it is so out of character for Deep Blue. Their Customer Service is usually impeccable and I agree with the others, you need to speak to Stan. I am an Aquarium enthusiast also and have two 90 gallons tanks filled the Central and South American Cichlids.

#23 ·
Unfortunately a friend who runs a forum and is well respected attempted to contact Stan on my behalf as did a long time and high volume customer of Deep Blue. Neither received a response.

I eventually took it to the BBB and ripoffreport. Sam accused me of "attempting to bismirch" the reputation of Deep Blue. The BBB case was closed without resolution.

I had asked DB for a $400 credit since they could not fix the problem and I would return the watch. They offered me $200 credit on a watch, that at the time of the 2nd problem, was less than a year old. All of this over $200 and they lost a customer who bought five Deep Blue's last year.

Link to ripoffreport complaint:
http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Deep-...tive-product-design-New-York-New-York-1095901

My last email to Sam/Stan:
"Sam/Stan,

It is just a shame that we could not resolve this matter. It really is.

I bought five DB watches this calendar year, four of them new. Am a HUGE fan of your designs and prices are very reasonable for what is offered.

I was not trying to get one over on your company or get some type of freebee. Just wanted the defective bezel design replaced or credited. I would have hoped, considering my devout love of your watch models and purchase history, my case warranted special consideration. From what I have read about DB's past, back when the company was smaller, it would have. Hate that it appears this has changed.

Considering I have purchased over 30 watches this year, spending over $6000, it is truly sad that DB has lost me as a customer. No, I am not a "big fish" in the scheme of things, but, I was a big fan. Would love to buy more of your watches but this experience has left a bad taste in my mouth.

A conservative five watches from Deep Blue/year, for twenty years until retirement, means you guys sacrificed over $50,000 in future purchases from me. Just can't see how the failure to give an initially requested $400 credit from you, just $200 more than you offered, makes any business sense?

I wish you guys and your company no ill will. Just feel like I have been wronged as a customer and hate that things have changed with your company getting so big.

Best wishes this holiday season to you all.

Travis"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.