Watch Freeks banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just curious as to whether or not WF has a stated privacy policy. Don't want to get spammed to death. Also, I noticed that the forum says it is a fan forum and not affiliated with any watch companies. I was thinking about doing a little advertising in the future and noticed that your link for advertising is to "Invicta Forums.com. Sure enough, that address brings you here. Why call it Invicta Forums if the site is unafilliated? That and all the following of what's up on shop nbc and the Invicta sponsored "sister" site doesn't give a real independent feel to your project... just sayin...

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

3flushes wrote:
Just curious as to whether or not WF has a stated privacy policy. Don't want to get spammed to death. Also, I noticed that the forum says it is a fan forum and not affiliated with any watch companies. I was thinking about doing a little advertising in the future and noticed that your link for advertising is to "Invicta Forums.com. Sure enough, that address brings you here. Why call it Invicta Forums if the site is unafilliated? That and all the following of what's up on shop nbc and the Invicta sponsored "sister" site doesn't give a real independent feel to your project... just sayin...
Hi 3flushes.
Great questions. Here are some answers

1) we send out forum related emails about forum related stuff (announcements, contests, etc). You can always go into your User CP --> Preferences and then uncheck the box that allows you to receive emails from the site.

2) We will be taking/adding advertising in the future from outside companies/individuals/sites/etc. That being said I have always had the same rule on my sites. Advertisers are welcome as long as they understand that the site will never censor negative comments about a company if there is legitimate discussions going on.
While this site will have advertisers and sponsors, it will not be affiliated with one company or another.

3) Thank you for finding that old email listed. It has been removed and replaced with a more current contact email. Months ago this site merged with a smaller site (the posts, members, etc) and that link was something that was missed in the site rules. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

I hope I have answered your questions and I look forward to discussing potential advertising opportunities in the future with you if you are interested.

:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks very much for clearing that up. I don't know if you guys plan on posting a written privacy policy. I know I wouldn't want my info shared with any companies or other forums. You know- I'm getting old. I usually don't sign up for these deals unless there is a privacy policy stated on the site. I must have thought I read one. May be a good idea; the lack of one might inhibit registrations. I think you have something fun started. Look fwd to seeing where it goes.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

3flushes wrote:
Thanks very much for clearing that up. I don't know if you guys plan on posting a written privacy policy. I know I wouldn't want my info shared with any companies or other forums. You know- I'm getting old. I usually don't sign up for these deals unless there is a privacy policy stated on the site. I must have thought I read one. May be a good idea; the lack of one might inhibit registrations. I think you have something fun started. Look fwd to seeing where it goes.
Just added to forum rules:
  • - Watch Freeks will never give out your email address to anyone. You have the ability to make your email private/hidden in your User Control Panel.

- Watch Freeks will from time to time send out announcements and forum related news via email. You can choose to opt out of receiving these emails in you User Control Panel.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
3flushes wrote:
  • - Watch Freeks will never give out your email address to anyone. You have the ability to make your email private/hidden in your User Control Panel.

- Watch Freeks will from time to time send out announcements and forum related news via email. You can choose to opt out of receiving these emails in you User Control Panel.
Great questions, great responses..........!! You're on a roll James!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Seattle wrote:
TVDinner wrote:
3flushes wrote:

Great questions, great responses..........!! You're on a roll James!
Thank you sir - it is all about you. All about you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts