Watch Freeks banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not really into anything but divers (for whatever reason...), but my wife bought me a dress Seiko that I just did not like for Christmas. I didn't ask for a watch either, believe it or not. So she knew I would return it and try to find something else. They're looking into seeing if they can get me a Sumo, not so sure that's a real possibility. Then I found the SRP527 (JDM SARY055). Same movement as my 2nd gen monster, sapphire crystal (wow!!), solid link bracelet, and exhibition back. The blue hands really help and it's just a very attractive watch imo. Hopefully they can find me one. Here are a few pics I borrowed from the web.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
The pics you posted certainly live up to the title of your thread!

Good luck on the final decision!

(((Just out of curiosity, what was the original dress Seiko you found under the tree?)))

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, my local jeweler can't get that one... dang it. She originally bought me the Seiko SPC061. I don't care for sub dials and it was quartz. The other turn off I didn't tell her was that someone had owned it before as the bracelet had several desk diving marks all over it.
The one I'm eyeing now is the SSA241. It would be perfect if it didn't have the open area in the dial. 4R39 auto movement sounds nice though.

Attachments

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
$550, which I think is a little strong when you compare it to the JDM Seikos. It really sucks he can't get those. He isn't able to deal like those folks because he's a brick and mortar, so I'm "only" getting about a 30% off. Still not terrible, but he's only able to get the US Seikos. Pretty limited dang it.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Unfortunately, she already paid them for the watch and it would be wrong of me to just ask for a refund. We've bought jewelry from them for years, but not watches. He is a better deal than any of the department stores, the most I've seen them discount is 25%, unless it was a clearance item like my Landmonster was.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Think I'm gonna call him tomorrow and see about the possibility of the new SRP773K1.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like the SRP773 isn't going to be available through Seiko USA anytime soon according to the rep. I'm going tomorrow to either order the SSA241 or get the SKX175.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Went ahead and had them order the SSA241 for the same price he was charging for the SPC061 (ended up getting a $50 better deal).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts