Watch Freeks banner

Present idea needed

2K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  ganson 
#1 ·
Hello!

I am posting here in hope that you can give me some advice for a birthday present. My sister has a passion for watches but it's not something I know much about. I was thinking of buying her something special for her 40th birthday and I'm looking for suggestions. Ideally it would be something elegant, rather small (she has a tiny wrist) and under 600 dollars. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

#2 ·
Hello!

I am posting here in hope that you can give me some advice for a birthday present. My sister has a passion for watches but it's not something I know much about. I was thinking of buying her something special for her 40th birthday and I'm looking for suggestions. Ideally it would be something elegant, rather small (she has a tiny wrist) and under 600 dollars. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
What style watches does she currently wear most?

Dive style, fashion style, diamonds?

Stainless steel bracelets, leather or rubber strap?

Any particular brand she fancies?

* Watch enthusiasts are VERY picky and if you buy something that doesn't hit the mark, it will never be worn.

PS: I would also give the option of returning the watch, if she doesn't like the one you ultimately pick out.

Ted

#3 ·
If she's into watches, how about looking for a nice vintage. They are tiny though, like the Lady Elgin. Just a thought.

A budget would help too

#4 ·
From what I've seen she has quite simple watches, a couple with diamonds as well. She wears both steel bracelet and leather, so either might work. I know almost nothing about brands so I can't say, but I'll try to take a sneak peak in her drawer, maybe I can spot a brand.

I considered a vintage watch but I don't have an eye for these things and I'm pretty sure I don't have the budget either.

Thanks for your help guys, it's much appreciated!

#12 ·
I strongly suggest Citizen Eco-Drive watches for almost anyone that is just getting started with watches. My wife loves hers and wears it everyday. Price, quality, performance and reliability are all excellent. You can find them at reasonable prices and frequent sales this time of year.

Reactions: ganson and Jams_123
#15 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.