·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I know nothing about this brand. Anyone own some and can shed some light on these watches.

·
Registered
499 Posts
imported post

Invicta pulled back the line world wide. They plan on a new launch for the brand as a higher end watch. Most people that have the current line hope that the investment will increase in value over the next decade. CARL

·
Registered
2 Posts
imported post

Potger Pietri is a Swiss brand which was bought out and is under the umbrella of the Invicta watch company. I am not familiar with the current pricing structure. I do know, they were producing some very high end mechanical pieces (and quartz models) and were a fairly small operation. They were getting higher prices because it was small and Swiss. I can tell you this, their prices were at one time A LOT higher than what is being reported here. They have been absorbed by Invicta and, as a result, apparently have lost some of their brand identity which can happen during these kinds of acquisitions. Often times, the company taking over is very mindful of this and keeps the new company as almost a separate entity so as not to dilute the brand image, reputation, and ultimately price. This took place when Marriott purchased the Ritz back in the lat 1990's. Marriott made it very clear, "Ritz Carlton, was Ritz Carlton, will remain Ritz Carlton, and will always be Ritz Carlton." Brand identification is crucial particular in higher end products and services.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Regardless of who owns them - does anyone actually own one or many of these and can post a picture or two if possible. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

watchdude1 wrote:
Apologies, TVDinner..I thought you were asking about general info about the brand...
NO apologies needed at all. Your info was great.

I would just like to see one of these watches. Maybe Arnie has one?

·
Registered
120 Posts
imported post

I've owned 2 PP's both "pedal pushers" and they are a very nice watch. Better made than a comparably priced invicta and considering the price you can pick one of them up now I would say a bargain. I can't speak for any other Potger Pietri so this comment is strictly MHO about the Pedal pusher.

here's the first one I owned which I sold on when the Red one I now own became available.

This watch is swiss made, BIG and heavy and wears BIG also as the comparison below shows. It's a Full size SAIII.
[this pic was from the for sale ad I did when I sold it on WG]

I wear my PP regularly and It gets more compliments than either my SAIII or Akula.

It's very well polished the bracelet is a little narrow but i've seen worse, but for what you can buy one for ... well mines a keeper and if i ever see a yellow one for a good price it's one of the few watches I'd own a pair of.

Steve

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Thank you Steve. Great pics. That really is a big watch.

·
Registered
1 Posts
imported post

Regardless of who owns them - does anyone actually own one or many of these and can post a picture or two if possible. Thanks!
[/QUOTE

I have 10 of them. I got them for cheap. They did not know if they work but all of themwork very well. If you can find old ones but in good condition they are the best. Battery ones they have 6 jewls inside and they are very strong and work very different from the others. I love them

·
Long Time Member
836 Posts
imported post

Potger Pietri is a Swiss brand which was bought out and is under the umbrella of the Invicta watch company. I am not familiar with the current pricing structure. I do know, they were producing some very high end mechanical pieces (and quartz models) and were a fairly small operation. They were getting higher prices because it was small and Swiss. I can tell you this, their prices were at one time A LOT higher than what is being reported here. They have been absorbed by Invicta and, as a result, apparently have lost some of their brand identity which can happen during these kinds of acquisitions. Often times, the company taking over is very mindful of this and keeps the new company as almost a separate entity so as not to dilute the brand image, reputation, and ultimately price. This took place when Marriott purchased the Ritz back in the lat 1990's. Marriott made it very clear, "Ritz Carlton, was Ritz Carlton, will remain Ritz Carlton, and will always be Ritz Carlton." Brand identification is crucial particular in higher end products and services.
since this 10 year thread was bumped up by someone else, wrong, Straight up invicta brand just like s.coifman and every other fake brand invicta claims is real.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.