Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I know we all like watches. I also like clocks. We have several wall clocks in our house including this large Gallery Clock from Howard Miller. So you have clock that you would like to share? Post pictures here.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
imported post

Nothing? Come on. You know you have them.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Here is one that swings in our house back and forth. Kind of like a grandfather clock, but on the wall. I like how there are no numbers on the clock face and the metal numbers are more part of the frame. More of a picture on the wall then a clock. Entire frame construction is metal.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

this is one we bought in NYC in the Village a few years ago. It is more art deco looking. All metal outside and comes off the wall about 2+ inches - like a submarine window. Hour markers look like giant LUM dots, but they are not. Simple, not large, but a cool statement on the wall.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
imported post

My parents have a Emperor Grandfathers clock that me and my brothers built about 30 years ago.I just had to put a whole new movement in it a month ago.That was a pain in the butt.The makers of the original movement came from Germany and are long ago out of business.So it took a couple of shots to get the right replacement for it.But it works better than ever and my mom is smiling every time that thing bongs.
ken

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Saw this really interesting one today at an office I was visiting. It was very large and almost WHITE STEALTHY LOOK. It was white on white paper dial. really cool and I thought of this thread and snapped some pics -

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I was in a really nice (read - wealthy) private residence setting up for an event this weekend and they had this AWESOME oversized automatic wall clock on their wall. It was total open and very cool. The second hand moved smooth like a real automatic clock. I had to snap a quick picture!

All the inner components are moving like a skeleton watch. Very cool.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
I was in a really nice (read - wealthy) private residence setting up for an event this weekend and they had this AWESOME oversized automatic wall clock on their wall. It was total open and very cool. The second hand moved smooth like a real automatic clock. I had to snap a quick picture!

One of my friends has that clock in his kitchen!!

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
imported post

TVDinner wrote:

I need to find me one of these. Too bad you didn't get the manufacturer's name.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Space - I can easily find out. I will email the client now.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
imported post

How about a desk clock! This was a gift from kuldar, a great guy from Estonia who got burned on a purchase from accurat on a 500 dollar Benarus sea-devilwatch. He got ahold of me because he saw my name on alot of sites and while we found accurat (jay) he never did send the watch to this poor kid and he hadhim pay with western union, Kuldar had only one post on WUS and that was to buy the watch! Long story short he was out 500 bucks and a watch but since has made many friends, i sent him a new deep blue 1000m diver as a gift and in return he sent me this beautiful soviet era clock!

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
imported post

TVDinner wrote:

I found this one. Send me a PM if anyone is interested.

Gear Clock
Sale price: 119.99
Quantity: 1

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.