Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Rolex or Omega?

This debate has been going on for years in the watch world, so be sure to vote on this poll and let's settle this once and for all!

Link removed - admin

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out! :)

Kind regards

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Omega is winning at the moment, but Rolex gets my vote. Perhaps I am a little biased.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX81 using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Gotta go with Rolex.

I think the company has the overall horological mystique that puts it in that upper echelon of manufacturers (with Patek, AP, JLC, etc.) that I just don't think Omega will stake a claim in.

That being said, Omega of course has individual iconic pieces that certainly go toe-to-toe with individual Rolex pieces. I'm just talking about the big picture.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
I own an Omega and do not own a Rolex. Omega 1 -- Rolex 0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RickF and Roarry

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Boy oh boy! I like the fact that this "debate goes on". We will not put an end to it here, thankfully. You can, & I do like both. Each brand has the opportunity to stand on its own merit. I like the discussions that we engage in over these questions. Good stuff.

My Omeeeeeeeeega

My Rolex

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Boy oh boy! I like the fact that this "debate goes on". We will not put an end to it here, thankfully. You can, & I do like both. Each brand has the opportunity to stand on its own merit. I like the discussions that we engage in over these questions. Good stuff.

My Omeeeeeeeeega

My Rolex

Sweet pair.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX81 using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Having owned both. Omega models I owned were nice and I really lied them
But the Rolex was iconic

I never will regret owning it
Its the one watch I would own if limited to one 24/7 and maybe from its build quality

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I will not (and now cannot) take a vote because I find these 'debate' points of view moot. Rolls Royce vs. Bentley, Ferrari vs. Lamborghini, Apple vs. Microsoft and Apples vs. Pears. All have their own merits but what it boils down to is emotion vs. common sense. That Co-Axial Master Chronometer costing thousands of dollars will have a tough time competing (in accuracy) with my electronic G. Gerlach Kosmonauta LED watch that was two hundred bucks. But that is not the point and it will never be.

Reactions: Roarry and ERok32

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
A lot of variables in the comparisons, up to date innovation has to go to Omega with their 8500 coaxial movements, solid timeless designs that change very little are a hallmark for Rolex.

I have to go with Rolex, as much as I love Omega and especially the vintage 300m Seamaster, when they did a re-do of that with the 300 Master Coaxial they missed the mark by a mile, too thick a case height, the faux vintage lume, the "Meh" dial, and last but not least, the price, Yikes.

Too many changes with the Omega, I will stick to Rolex.

Reactions: Roarry

·
Registered
78 Posts
My vote goes to Omega. I am really impressed with the 8500 co-axial movement. The Planet Ocean is my grail and someday is shall be mine.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts