Watch Freeks banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me to identify this Angelus pocket watch? I have done some research and there is not too much info on Angelus, and I can't find any way to identify the age. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
A picture of the movement may help, and any markings on the inside front cover or caseback.

Angelus, Stolz Freres SA, Le Locle
1891: Founded by Gustav and Albert Stolz.
1920-1930: Main activities: complicated pocket watches in high quality (repeaters, chronographs, calendars), table clocks (alarm, 8-days, traveling clocks).
Later wrist watches with calendar and/or chronograph features.
Last known activities in the late seventies. Brand aquired by Evaco SA, Neuchatel.

Also like to add that the Angelus 8 day movements were bought up by Panerai for the 341 i think. Also they put them in the Pam 203. Very expensive watches indeed.
So, a look at the movement will help date it, and any other hallmarks on the case.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
movement

Tinknocker,

Thank you for the information you have provided. Yes I will send pictures of the movement as soon as I have them. I have had to bring this pocket watch to a watch maker as I could not figure out how to get the back cover off. It appears to be one that screws-off; however it is not clear to which and it does not budge. Once I have the ability to send it I will.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts