Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i searched and searched for watches and i really like the swiss legend sportiva models i thought about ordering 2 from world of watches, but today as i searched for more sites with information on the company it seems that its quality aint that good ?
i dont know-im asking, im looking for a good watch that will survive wont get scratched easily and wont have cheap bad parts i dont really a "pro" at the watch domain can u guys plz tell me about the sportiva model is that a good watch? im looking for watch that max price is 320$

http://www.worldofwatches.com/detai...0&promotion_code=RED6375072413113958608158030

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Swiss Legend makes a perfectly fine watch if you can buy it at the right price. WOW normally has good pricing. If you are not in a rush these do go on daily deal sales on a regular basis and then you can buy them at much lower prices than they are normally sold at.

I see the link you posted is for $123. That seems like a fair price for this watch.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
Swiss Legend is alright - the watch Link you posted is priced ok for a quartz watch - i wouldnt pay much more for one

if you're looking for a quality watch that will last you a long time i suggest you search for a SEIKO automatic timepiece - your best bang for your buck Brand IMO

you can acquire a nice auto timepiece in the $150-250 range from Seiko easily

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Swiss Legend makes a perfectly fine watch if you can buy it at the right price. WOW normally has good pricing. If you are not in a rush these do go on daily deal sales on a regular basis and then you can buy them at much lower prices than they are normally sold at.

I see the link you posted is for $123. That seems like a fair price for this watch.
ok, tyvm !(im not in a rush :) ) anymore opinions ? plz

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
For the same price...you can get a Momentum Steelix.
You can see my review here:

http://www.watchfreeks.com/121-watch-review/36329-watch-reveiw-momentum-steelix-field-watch.html

Or if you want more of a diver.
Momentum DSS-50 for about $260

http://www.ccoutdoorstore.com/st-moritz-momentum-m50-dss-dive-watches.html

Or you can get an automatic diver for around $250from Obris Morgan

http://www.watchfreeks.com/121-watch-review/32294-watch-review-obris-morgan-nevon.html

As George said above lots of options in Seiko and Citizen as well for your price range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Opinion:
The watch brand is heavily discounted and at times seems to be under valued
I had one BNIB, MSRP was $900. Looked awesome. I got it for so cheap it was crazy. And it bothered me it was a good watch, but WOW and others just creamed the value on resale. Traded it off.
I personally would not want another. And I see the brand in low end shops.. I think they have a low tier and it confuses people.
Watch Recon has a site map you can easily look up recent deals

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Swiss Legend is alright - the watch Link you posted is priced ok for a quartz watch - i wouldnt pay much more for one

if you're looking for a quality watch that will last you a long time i suggest you search for a SEIKO automatic timepiece - your best bang for your buck Brand IMO

you can acquire a nice auto timepiece in the $150-250 range from Seiko easily
For the same price...you can get a Momentum Steelix.
You can see my review here:

http://www.watchfreeks.com/121-watch-review/36329-watch-reveiw-momentum-steelix-field-watch.html

Or if you want more of a diver.
Momentum DSS-50 for about $260

http://www.ccoutdoorstore.com/st-moritz-momentum-m50-dss-dive-watches.html

Or you can get an automatic diver for around $250from Obris Morgan

http://www.watchfreeks.com/121-watch-review/32294-watch-review-obris-morgan-nevon.html

As George said above lots of options in Seiko and Citizen as well for your price range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
ty for the replies im looking for the colorful watches like the sportiva so for now i think imma stay with it and maybe get it next sale on the Wow site anyway ty for the information and time, 1 more question the sportiva model is running on a battery ? (i need to change its power source once a while?)

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
+1 On Momentum watches. really great for the money.

Seiko of course has great models in that price range as well.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
it looks like its a quartz so yes you will need to change the battery -either every 2 years or more depends on the usage etc

ty for the replies im looking for the colorful watches like the sportiva so for now i think imma stay with it and maybe get it next sale on the Wow site anyway ty for the information and time, 1 more question the sportiva model is running on a battery ? (i need to change its power source once a while?)

·
Registered
670 Posts
I just clicked on the link for the sportiva & see that it is still 79% off & going for $122 USD.
While on the page I had a popup that encouraged me to make a reasonable offer that they would reply to in minutes.
You may get it even cheaper if you're ready to pull the trigger on the purchase NOW.

·
Registered
67 Posts
First, Swiss Legend: I like them. I recommend them.

With apologies, I get a *little* frustrated when I read threads like this one. I'm not throwing rocks, I'm just posting where I'm coming from.

The OP came in and asked a question about a colorful quartz fashion watch, and people are quick to steer him towards a relatively cheap WIS approved automatic?!? C'mon... they aren't even the same kind of watch. That's like someone shopping for a brightly colored 3-door sporty 4 cylinder car like a Mazda 3 or a Ford Focus or some such and people steering him toward a Camry or an Accord because they are more practical. Reading it, I'm like "Really?!?"

Ok. Sorry for that.

About the brand. They are a fashion watch. They are Chinese made, distributed out of Florida. The Swiss connection is that they use ETA quartz movements.

Regarding reliability, QC, and such: I own 6 Swiss Legend watches. The fit and finish on all of them has been excellent. Exactly as pictured and otherwise advertised. Here's the key: If the styling is what you want, then there is *zero* reason not to purchase one, at least in my opinion.

Remember: They come with a 5 year warranty on the movement. That's significantly longer than most watches on the market. It's no big deal, really; I mean, it's a Swiss ETA after all. I don't think the company is going out on any limbs with that warranty. Also, they come with a 10 year warranty against scratches on the crystal. Like, WTF? Really? They are proud of their "Sapphitek." Don't care what it actually is; I know that I don't have any scratches on the crystals of my SLs. Granted, if you drop the watch or bang it on something and it cracks, that's different (I've read such stories.) But a 10 year warranty against normal wear-and-tear type surface scratches is probably Unique in this price point.

Regarding the marketing: Just be an educated consumer. I never pay any attention to MSRPs, so they don't even appear on my personal radar screen outside of posts like this one. I mean, when shopping around, I'm looking for the actual delivered price and what they are actually selling for. Who cares what the MSRP is. Some people have this huge hangup about the marketing strategy of a grossly inflated MSRP and then touting gigantic discounts for the final sale price. Frankly, I don't understand the issue. I mean: Look at a garden-variety Seiko. Would any one of us pay MSRP for that? No. We shop around, get a feel for actual retail pricing, and nail down the best deal we can find. The percentage difference between the purchase price and MSRP is inconsequential - they are never equal unless you're talking higher-end, boutique, or limited production watches.

Whew! So all of that said, I go back to the first line of this post. They make a great watch for what they are. If it's the right combination of size and color and features for you, shop around, nail down the best deal, and enjoy. :cool:

Reactions: Kirkyringo

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
well excuse me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile-thumb2::smile-thumb2::smileyface_hand_cla:smileyface_hand_cla

·
Registered
67 Posts
well excuse me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile-thumb2::smile-thumb2::smileyface_hand_cla:smileyface_hand_cla
LOL - I didn't mean it that way...

One of those "Just sayin" posts. :yo:

·
Registered
399 Posts
I have an all black Neptune that I got off Groupon last year for about $80 before I tarted to look at the details of the watch over the look. I'm pretty happy with that purchase and for the price ($125 ballpark) your getting a good watch. If it looks good to you get it.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
I think they make a perfectly dam fine watch. I have at least a dozen of them in my collection and never had a single problem aside from having to change a battery. I wouldn't hesitate buying another for the right price. So far I have never had to use their warranty service! I wish I could say that about other watches I have owned cost much more!

Truthfully I usually never read the reviews 60% of the time the people posting those never even owned the watch and the sites never ask proof that you ever owned it. I could join or log on to any site or group and give items bad reviews if I wanted I see it happen a lot of times on all the forums I belong to or on reviews on Amazon etc.

Reactions: Simon TKM

·
Registered
443 Posts
One of my favorite watches was a SL Commander...great look, great feel. Never any issues. I'd buy SL at a good price...

·
Registered
1,944 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
First, Swiss Legend: I like them. I recommend them.

With apologies, I get a *little* frustrated when I read threads like this one. I'm not throwing rocks, I'm just posting where I'm coming from.

The OP came in and asked a question about a colorful quartz fashion watch, and people are quick to steer him towards a relatively cheap WIS approved automatic?!? C'mon... they aren't even the same kind of watch. That's like someone shopping for a brightly colored 3-door sporty 4 cylinder car like a Mazda 3 or a Ford Focus or some such and people steering him toward a Camry or an Accord because they are more practical. Reading it, I'm like "Really?!?"
The OP got on a WATCH FORUM asking about the quality of a Chinese fashion brand and was given sound advice. This response is just silly.

Professional Expert

1 - 20 of 23 Posts