Watch Freeks banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently received my dad's collection of watches, tbh they are average watches seiko 5's (kinetic and quartz) and a accurist that all looked simular small dial, black face metal bracelet, and a Longine ultra chron that had a metal elastic bracelet and a white/goldish face. Now I believe a collection should look different to a untrained eye. I have put a black strap on the quartz, and found a spare link for the kinetic. I have installed a mustard strap to the ultra chron. My problem is what to do with the accurist as the bracelet starts with about a 9mm link and thick lugs. Ideally somehow I would like a leather strap, possibly new dial and a bubble dome glass when I get more confident to proform the work.
Is there anyway that you can help me work out how to get a strap to fit please?

·
Watch Freek
1,296 Posts
I have recently received my dad's collection of watches, tbh they are average watches seiko 5's (kinetic and quartz) and a accurist that all looked simular small dial, black face metal bracelet, and a Longine ultra chron that had a metal elastic bracelet and a white/goldish face. Now I believe a collection should look different to a untrained eye. I have put a black strap on the quartz, and found a spare link for the kinetic. I have installed a mustard strap to the ultra chron. My problem is what to do with the accurist as the bracelet starts with about a 9mm link and thick lugs. Ideally somehow I would like a leather strap, possibly new dial and a bubble dome glass when I get more confident to proform the work.
Is there anyway that you can help me work out how to get a strap to fit please?
I would throw it away

·
Long Time Member
375 Posts
You can get custom leather straps made.
Years ago, I had some made here. I sent the information of what I wanted (mostly showed pictures) and gave them my lug size and wrist size and I got what I wanted. Took a couple of months, but the watch straps are still around today. The prices are great for a custom strap. The buckle is kind of cheap, so I replaced those, other than that, I’ve been happy and have used them a few times. Not Rolex or Panerai quality, but not cheap quality either.

Martú Straps | eBay Stores

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can get custom leather straps made.
Years ago, I had some made here. I sent the information of what I wanted (mostly showed pictures) and gave them my lug size and wrist size and I got what I wanted. Took a couple of months, but the watch straps are still around today. The prices are great for a custom strap. The buckle is kind of cheap, so I replaced those, other than that, I’ve been happy and have used them a few times. Not Rolex or Panerai quality, but not cheap quality either.

Martú Straps | eBay Stores
It's a consideration, I will have a look around cheers

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
6,025 Posts
Don’t you dare throw them away. I would like to see pictures, several of us here collect vintage watches. The ultra chron is quite special, I guarantee it because I have one.
Yes, this thread begs for photos!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I believe your Ultra Chron has the 36,000vph high beat movement 431 caliber. It is a definite keeper and a great looker.
It is good looking, I thought at first when I saw it, and I knew what my dad was like it was a... with a Longine face, then I noticed the back before I googled the model and realised what it is, I do like it and think the the mustard strap compliments it nicely

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have never done sentimental. Some years ago I was bought a TAG by all my staff when I left a company. Fours ago sold it so I could buy a Chris Ward. That shocked my wife, but ultimately I got more pleasure from the Chris Ward that I would have from the TAG.
Till I read your statement, i had never heard of Chris Ward, I have just had a look at his collection on the website must admit wise move, Tags are nice but I alway believe an educated person buys with their brain

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.