Watch Freeks banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mostly because I have not done one in a while ... and as we recently determined here EVERYONE needs a few Chronographs :p ...

I have not seen anyone post a review or any real extensive pics of this watch. I have had it for a while now and wanted to share in pictures why I really enjoy it. A black dial and a white (silver) dial are available as well, I chose the blue. The detail and build quality on this are better than you would expect from most micros. DWC designs tend to be classic and timeless IMHO.

Not wanting to post a wall of text, all DWC watches seem to have a solid Detroit theme and story behind them. M1 in this case is Woodward Avenue, the first paved stretch of road in the country. It is also the site of the semi-famous Woodward Dream Cruise, an annual event here where you will likely see more classic American muscle cars in one spot than any other. In a ring around the logo on the caseback are all the cities that the road now runs through - a pretty cool touch.

Specs from the manufacturers website:

• Swiss Automatic Movement
  • Self-Winding and Manual Winding
    Sellita Caliber SW500/Eta 7750 Automatic & Manual Winding. Display by means of hands; hour, minute, second. Day-date display in window. Chronograph. Shock-absorber-Incabloc. 28800 Vibrations Per Hour, 4Hz. 48-hour power reserve
  • 30 min subdial counter
  • Hour subdial counter
  • Small second subdial
  • 25 Jewels
  • 44 mm Diameter
  • 14.5 mm overall height
  • Sapphire Crystal with Anti-reflective coating
  • Calf leather band with deployment clasp
  • Water Resistant 5 ATM
It is a substantial watch and is the same dimensions as the 1701 I also own from them. I have chosen to fit my own light gray strap but may at some point swap it out for a chocolate brown croc. Right now it has been running +/- 2 spd while worn. It definitely gets looks, especially here in Michigan ...

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Great photos. There's a little too much happening on the dial for my taste but I like the hands/colors and it seems like the watch has some nice finishing and details.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great pics been thinking about pulling the trigger on this white woodward with one blue subdial, how is the lume on these watches.:smile-thumb2:
Very little lume ... mostly because the markers and hands won't hold a lot. There is some ... it is not what I would all a major selling feature of the watch ;) .

·
Registered
182 Posts
Great pics of a beautiful watch! Been eyeing DWC pieces for a long while now. Always tempted to pull the trigger on one but still have not yet due to the $1000+ price for their chronos, which are the ones I like.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Detroit Watch Blue Favorite

This is my favorite watch. I will be watching the pre owned market to try and buy one as the price range is a little above my range.

·
Registered
128 Posts
those all beautiful and i hope to own one some day. in the meantime, here's my piece of detroit history.

this my friends is my side walk made of brick pavers that were originally Woodward Ave before it was covered in asphalt. There are currently sections being uncovered while they're putting in the new railway! my pieces are from when they covered it :)

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
The hands on the watch are not as legible as I would want, other then that, beautiful watch!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts