Watch Freeks banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
imported post

I was at Costco today and naturally I gravitate to the watch case. Lotsa nice men's stuff, Hamilton, Tag, Breitling, Rolex and others.
I go to the other side and I see this for $28,000.

At Costco. It's a good price, I guess. But it's Costco.

Wonder how long it will last before someone snags it.

Patek Philippe Twenty~4 18kt White Gold Diamond Ladies Watch 4908-200G
Retail Price: $40,500.00

Patek Philippe Twenty-4

Case Material

18kt White Gold

Dial Color
Grey

Bezel
18kt White Gold

Movement
Quartz

Bracelet
18kt White Gold

Water Resistant
25 meters / 80 feet

Crystal
Scratch Resistant Sapphire

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Maybe that price is for the diamonds, but for a quartz watch I don't care about the name on the dial, $28,000 to 40,000 is just plain silly/dumb/outrageous/ridiculous/dumb (oh yea I already said that one, lol)

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
Maybe that price is for the diamonds, but for a quartz watch I don't care about the name on the dial, $28,000 to 40,000 is just plain silly/dumb/outrageous/ridiculous/dumb (oh yea I already said that one, lol)
Diamonds and 18ct gold (not Swiss layering)

But I agree.

Also, it was real small, even for a ladies watch.

I was just shocked it was at Costco.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

toecutter wrote:
TVDinner wrote:

But I agree.

I have to agree! There comes a pricepoint where there should be an automatic movement in the watch. Nice find Toe, a Patek Philippe at Costco. I guess that is a sign of the times. ....Bob

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
imported post

CurrentTime wrote:
I understand that they carry the Lamborghini Galardo! It's back behind the gardening tools! :lol

It's incredible what I hear for sale at Costco these days! :wf
I'm looking for a new Magnetic Resonance Imager, I guess I better check Costco...

·
Registered
115 Posts
imported post

Bob wrote:
toecutter wrote:
TVDinner wrote:

But I agree.

I have to agree! There comes a pricepoint where there should be an automatic movement in the watch. Nice find Toe, a Patek Philippe at Costco. I guess that is a sign of the times. ....Bob
Somehow I think someone that can afford a 28,000 dollar watch is probably not looking for one at Costco.

But then again I could be wrong about that :eek:

·
Registered
743 Posts
imported post

Hummm, scammers love to see "haute horology" at places like Costco ... One of 'em will snap the watch(es) up and show the receipt to the checker on the way out!

Then, the next day, he'll bring 'the item(s)' back and give some excuse (like his wife didn't like it or whatever!) and they'll give him a refund!

Anyway, what this miscreant REALLY 'returned' was an 'upscale' (and totally 'presentable) replica!

Since it's NOT likely that Costco, et al, will have someone on the premises (like a certified watchmaker) who can spot the fake, the miscreant rushes out the door with his money and - AND! - the REAL watch back at the 'den of thieves!'

'nuf sed!

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

The nicest watch I have ever seen at Costco was a Breitling that was selling for $5K. I think I will go to an AD if I'm paying that kind of money for a watch. I know Costco has a great return policy, but I'm not sure how that holds up to a $5K watch.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.