Watch Freeks banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is not a general watch section topic but I want to put out the Paris attacks for discussion. I, for one, am quite disturbed by the state of the world right now. It's tragic that there are those in the world who would choose to murder dozens of innocent people just to make a statement. My life is far from perfect but I would never result to murdering somebody else to bring my personal agendas to light. There are better ways. It bothers me more because I was in Europe this year. This could have happened in Geneva where I was in September. Such senseless acts make no sense to me.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The fact that a post pertaining to significant world events was moved from the most visited section in this forum to an inconsequential section has killed my faith in this particular forum. I'm sorry, but some things are more important than watches.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Hello all. Since the day this site was started (by me) 5 years ago, we have always had a clear no politics, religion or potentially inflammatory topic discussion rule. Other watch sites have had terrible and prolonged fights pertaining to political or potentially inflammatory topics (one side or another) that have nothing to do with our love of watches. In the end all it does is make people leave the site angry in droves.
Sticking to this rule 99.9% of the time is one of the reasons this site has thrived as one of the most popular watch forums on the net.

We completely agree/understand about the emotion and passion world events (normally tragedies) create. But that being said our amazing and loyal members have always understood (and agreed) that there are many other wonderful websites where you can talk (or argue) endlessly about these types of "hot button" topics. But not on Watch Freeks.

I am going to RESPECTFULLY close this thread as per the sites rules. We ALL care deeply about the people effected in Paris with today's horrible events. #prayforparis

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.