Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

There is a big controversy currently going on in the Paneristi world regarding the movements that were used in the PAM 318 Special Edition "Brooklyn Bridge" watches. Instead of having a decorated movements, like the OPII from the PAM 414 installed, subpar movements have been utilized in the PAM 318. As you look at the pictures below and read the links, please keep in mind that the 318 is a $5,000 watch! These are two threads that go through the entire story, with all of the sorted details...

http://www.network54.com/Forum/353391/m ... ous+PAM318

http://www.network54.com/Forum/353391/t ... ners+Unite

Let's start with a couple of pics of this BEAUTIFUL watch!

Here you have some pics from the PAM 414 movement (OP II) and the PAM 318 movement (OP XXIX) The movement from the PAM 414 is presented first, with the corresponding picture of the PAM 318 movement right after...quite a difference and I can see why folks are up in arms about this!

^

^

|

|

IMO that is a complete disgrace and OP should offer all owners of the PAM 318 either - A full refund, A replacement movment and/or free inspection to satisfy any current owners angziety over this issue!

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
imported post

Yep.....I read about that on one of the "other" forums...all I can say it WOW!!!

·
Registered
10,148 Posts
imported post

Read about it too. A disgrace and embarrassment to the brand.They should have the real movement installed free of charge or a full refund.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I guess the real question is how this happened. Clearly they were selling one thing and they sent out something else. So somewhere along the production line a big mistake was made.

Or it was done on purpose, but without proof I can not say that. So why was this mistake made- how made this mistake - and where was the mistake made is the current and real questions I guess.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
imported post

I would think they would want to make this right. A brand like Panerai could really be hurt by this, I would imagine.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
imported post

Holy Cow....somebody call Donut quick and make sure he isn't jumping off a bridge or something..

Take it easy fella....this will all work out. :b J/K.

·
Premium Member
10,946 Posts
imported post

the following comment on another site had me rolling-

Sometimes I feel Panerai owners and company are the Kardashians of the watch world. Big Beautiful and full of drama.
:lol

i have posted about this on a couple different sites and no one seems to have an answer-

1- what am i missing in calling these watches "tool watches"?

2- has this been verified with another 318 owner?

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

four20 wrote:

Sometimes I feel Panerai owners and company are the Kardashians of the watch world. Big Beautiful and full of drama.

i have posted about this on a couple different sites and no one seems to have an answer-

On #2, I believe that someone on DWC opened theirs and found the same (Luke, I think).

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
imported post

Without an exhibition case back does it really matter what the movement looks like? NO. What matters is that you think you're getting one thing and you end up getting something different... Much less in this case... :whatever:

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

rbmbb wrote:
Holy Cow....somebody call Donut quick and make sure he isn't jumping off a bridge or something..

Take it easy fella....this will all work out. :b J/K.
:lol:lol:lol

·
Premium Member
10,946 Posts
imported post

andrema wrote:
four20 wrote:

On #2, I believe that someone on DWC opened theirs and found the same (Luke, I think).
thanks Mark :)

now, if i could just wrap my head around the "tool watch" thing.....

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
imported post

OMG...that is a major mistake. They have sullied their brand. And in a space where brand is EVERYTHING...just horrible.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
imported post

Bait and really switch....That's totally bullsh!t. To make this mistake,and not know about it is a flat out lie(if they come out and say it was an accident?)A company like Panerai.C'mon.Now Invicta....Now yout talkin'.How perfect is that name for this watch though,for this occurance,"Brooklyn Bridge". Ya can't make this sh!t up...lol

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
imported post

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
imported post

That sucks.

Should have just stuck a SeaGull 6497 in it.

Better decorated and keeps just as good of time.

Probably bein the Florida Swampland Limited Edition version.

Almost seems like a bogus post or maybe a joke. It'll be interesting to see if there are more people finding this out.

·
Registered
575 Posts
imported post

you know there is an old saying around NYC about that goes like this, "if you believe that I have a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn". Well it looks like Pam, just sold that bridge.

·
Registered
211 Posts
imported post

Is this one of those "3rd party" things? I don't even know what I'm talking about.. But Dannng.. Thass messed up!

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
imported post

For a few hundred dollars, that movement would be fine in a non exhibition case. But its a PAM. They are NICE. For 5 thousand dollars, those rough edges , and scratches, and finish errors are TERRIBLE. Im sorry , but Invicta has better movements with no exhibition case. A Miyota looks better than that.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts