Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I recently went on a hunt for a watch with the Panerai look

So I started looking all around for similar companies. Someone suggested I investigate Marina Militare which I did. They have incredible watches.

These are the sites I found to look for Marina Militare watches.

http://www.helenarou.com- this is who I purchased from. You can also email them to ask questions. They were REALLY great to work with during the buying process.

http://www.jacksontse.com/index.html

http://www.dajiwatch.com/

http://www.manbushijie.com/products.asp?catid=371

Get a Watch Co

This is the one I purchased. I should get it in a few weeks (hopefully)

http://www.helenarou.com/1950-chrono-steel-marina-militare-quartze-w1950.html

·
Registered
60 Posts
imported post

Me, too.

I would like to read your actual review of the watch once you receive it and have a chance to evaluate its performance.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Well I have paid for mine and they said probably about 2 weeks for delivery. can't wait!

·
Registered
12 Posts
imported post

Holly ____ thats a great deal on a killer looking watch. Congrats on a great score. I am now looking at what I could sell to fund one of those for myself. Please post a review and pics once you recieve it!!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

will do! Hopefully it will show up this week, or early next week. I am excited!

·
Registered
60 Posts
imported post

I recall sharing emails with an employee @ that site by the name of "Helen"; I presumed that person was a female, but maybe not. Anyway the person was extremely helpful and patient with me and my questions.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
60 Posts
imported post

The watch you received is like the one I wanted and would have chosen, except I would have ordered the "brushed" finish rather than the "glossy".

If it wasn't for that, I would offer to purchase from you and you could re-order the one you wanted. Shucks!

·
Registered
252 Posts
imported post

I would have to say the one you ordered is the one I like better. BUT the one they sent you looks good too.

·
Registered
252 Posts
imported post

Ok another observation. The dial says automatic, but the description says Japan Quartz? (on the watch your ordered)

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

I emailed the company to see what they will do. It is WAY back to Hong Kong. I hope they will offer me a deal for the right one and then i will have both and sell one! I will keep everyone updated.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Here are some of the pictures. As always I took pictures from unwrapping to watch so everyone could see the full experience of receiving from Hong Kong.

The case and crown is 50mm across

Question - WHAT IS THE BUTTON ON THE OTHER SIDE FROM THE CROWN FOR??

Here are the pics - (from my cell phone)

WHAT IS THIS BUTTON FOR??

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

nope? For the life of me I can not figure it out. I think that MAYBE they use the same cases for their quartz models and it is for that. I have no idea, but have no read other threads on other sites where people have received this also. it seems that this is a MM thing, and not a problem.

The watch really is nice.

·
Registered
12 Posts
imported post

you know, i think if i were in your position, i would request the correct watch for a very good discount. I would offer them the chance to make it right by selling you the watch you ordered for half off.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

ken72 wrote:
you know, i think if i were in your position, i would request the correct watch for a very good discount. I would offer them the chance to make it right by selling you the watch you ordered for half off.
That is EXACTLY what I am doing, lol.

Either way,I really like the one I got and will be keeping it.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

to their credit he replied quickly and offered to take watch back (at his expense) and exchange for the originaly one I ordered. I am still going to keep the watch I received and asked him about a discount on getting the one I originally ordered also. I will keep you updated on his reply.

So far this company has been good in the CS with this issue.

[align=left]-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2009 5:50 AM
Subject: RE: question about watch
[/align]
[align=left]Hi,

I am sorry to hear that!
That's must be the mistake make by my shipper
You can ship it back by USPS airmail, cost around $6, I'll reimburse your shipment charge
WHen I receive it , I'll ship out the 1950 ChronoASAP
I apoloize for any inconvenience!
Regards
MK

Return address:

Chung Shek Cheung
1040 Skylark House
Sha Kok Estate
Shatin
Hong Kong
[/align]

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

it sounds like the guy is doing what he can to take care of you. I orded one from Hong Kong too and I got the right one and I like it. It has some heft to it and the watch runs pretty well!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts