Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Tom I have (totally against my never participating in a Kickstarter project vow again :D) ordered a Pancor P03. Let's see if Marcus can deliver!

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
The sweet lure of Kickstarter. Glad you chose the tropic strap and not those omnipresent leather deals with the stitching.

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The sweet lure of Kickstarter. Glad you chose the tropic strap and not those omnipresent leather deals with the stitching.

No, even high end brands are offering them 'minimalistic, hand crafted' leather straps now. Really? Two pieces of plain leather with four looped threads. Lazy and cheap.

·
Super Moderator
9,729 Posts
No need to thank me sir. I'm sure you would have found out about
them, and liked them anyway. But am sure happy I could help you
out, and that they are right there in your country also ! :)

This is just terrific Frans ! ..Am thinking Marcus will definitely deliver. :thumb:

Keep us posted, and big congratulations to you once again !!!

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No need to thank me sir. I'm sure you would have found out about
them, and liked them anyway. But am sure happy I could help you
out, and that they are right there in your country also ! :)

This is just terrific Frans ! ..Am thinking Marcus will definitely deliver. :thumb:

Keep us posted, and big congratulations to you once again !!!

Actually no, I don't possess your drive and determination to constantly seek out new brands or watch offerings. What may sound a bit strange because I'm quite an avid watch collector. But I just wait until something crosses my path like this watch did. When I had set a goal to complete the set-up of my Vintage Bolex H8 film camera a year and a half ago, I did had that drive. It took many months hunting on eBay to get every part I needed. Lens, lens hood, pistil grip, mounting plate, exposure meter, etc., etc.

BTW: the pre-order price for this watch was 229 Euro. Now that's a steal.

·
Super Moderator
9,729 Posts
Actually no, I don't possess your drive and determination to constantly seek out new brands or watch offerings. What may sound a bit strange because I'm quite an avid watch collector. But I just wait until something crosses my path like this watch did. When I had set a goal to complete the set-up of my Vintage Bolex H8 film camera a year and a half ago, I did had that drive. It took many months hunting on eBay to get every part I needed. Lens, lens hood, pistil grip, mounting plate, exposure meter, etc., etc.

BTW: the pre-order price for this watch was 229 Euro. Now that's a steal.

:smile1: I actually like you're way better Frans. It's like you use the Force ! :clap2:
Or at the very least just know how to enjoy the hobby, and go with the flow.
It's neat how with the camera though you had that drive though like you
said. But can tell that that really meant a lot to you, and I know it was like
an honest to goodness quest, and adventure ! :thumb::thumb:

Yowza, and you are right about that price ! ..Pretty incredible really Frans !!!

Thanks so so much for the update, and also all of the specifications above
as well sir !

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well done there squire. Hoop dat het lukt

Thanks mate! The only thing that bugs me a bit is that although he just (101%) met funding, he's already discussing stretch goals. It's at moments like this that I think: "just make and deliver the watch first, I don't care about and extra strap or something like that!". Focus! I will email him again and because he's Dutch it's easy to convey my thoughts :D

Reactions: Reflex

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Thanks mate! The only thing that bugs me a bit is that although he just (101%) met funding, he's already discussing stretch goals. It's at moments like this that I think: "just make and deliver the watch first, I don't care about and extra strap or something like that!". Focus! I will email him again and because he's Dutch it's easy to convey my thoughts :D
Yes, focus. One thing at a time... let's make good on the first batch!... in Dutch.

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It arrived today and I'm pleasantly surprised. I took the 'Early Bird' offer and then watch came at 254 Euro and that included shipping. I believe the retail price is 329 Euro now which still is a good price for this watch. Because I only really like black dials I had to go with 'vintage radium'. For the other dial colours it comes with C3. I mailed him about that but that's the way they were ordered. The crown, case back, straps and buckles are all signed with the Pancor logo, taking it a step beyond your average micro brand offering. I entered the Kickstarter campaign 8 months ago so patience must be a virtue :). I find the finish very refined for a watch in this price bracket.

CASE
  • 39MM case
  • 20MM lugs
  • Lug to lug 47MM
  • Domed sapphire crystal with inner AR coating
  • 316L Stainless Steel
  • Polished and brushed finish
  • Case back with engraved P03 diver icon
  • 30ATM/300m/1000ft water resistance
  • Screw down crown
DIAL
  • 3D applied indices with BGW9 or C3 SuperLuminova
  • Hands also with BGW9 or C3 SuperLuminova
  • Matt paint finish
BEZEL
  • 40MM size
  • polished stainless steel
  • unidirectional with 120 clicks
  • ceramic dive bezel inlay
  • fully lumed
MOVEMENT
  • Seiko NH38 - no date
  • Automatic, self-Winding
  • 24 Jewels
  • 41h power reserve
  • Hours, Minutes, Seconds
OTHERS
  • 24-month warranty
  • Comes with one vintage leather strap (quick release) and one rubber tropic dive strap strap
  • included: neoprene watch pouch and dry bag.

·
Super Moderator
9,729 Posts
Oh boy, that is pretty outstanding Frans !!! 👀 :cool:

I know it took a while, but as you always say, patience really is a virtue,
and payed off big time with Pancor it looks like ! 🤯I mean your excellent
pictures really do show the fit, along with finish is on an extremely high
level. Can't get enough of just the dial, and how it almost becomes that
ceramic bezel ! Oh, and the vintage radium color looks fantastic !😵

To be 100% truthful the whole watch does, and just this cool packaging.
Along with beautiful straps look worth the price of admission. Wow !!!
So happy everything worked out. ..A giant congrats here !!! Enjoy Frans !

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh boy, that is pretty outstanding Frans !!! 👀 :cool:

I know it took a while, but as you always say, patience really is a virtue,
and payed off big time with Pancor it looks like ! 🤯I mean your excellent
pictures really do show the fit, along with finish is on an extremely high
level. Can't get enough of just the dial, and how it almost becomes that
ceramic bezel ! Oh, and the vintage radium color looks fantastic !😵

To be 100% truthful the whole watch does, and just this cool packaging.
Along with beautiful straps look worth the price of admission. Wow !!!
So happy everything worked out. ..A giant congrats here !!! Enjoy Frans !
It was your call! That's why I always keep a sharp eye on your new watch announcements, thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
9,729 Posts
It was your call! That's why I always keep a sharp eye on your new watch announcements, thanks again.

😊Well, guess we're just lucky it worked out o.k. then Frans.
Would have been a shame if the watch disappointed, or wasn't
what you expected. But it sounds like it surpassed expectations
which is great ! 🙂 By the way, had forgot to ask before, but
how do you like the vintage radium lume/color?

I know you had said it was the only way to get the black dial.

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
😊Well, guess we're just lucky it worked out o.k. then Frans.
Would have been a shame if the watch disappointed, or wasn't
what you expected. But it sounds like it surpassed expectations
which is great ! 🙂 By the way, had forgot to ask before, but
how do you like the vintage radium lume/color?

I know you had said it was the only way to get the black dial.
Yes, it was the only way to get a black dial. To us it is 'vintage radium' to an innocent bystander (non-watch person) it's just a dial. Well, I'm not overly fond of vintage radium but now I've seen it in the flesh so to speak I can live with it. I used to collect flight jackets and some of the models had the choice to come pre-distressed. It's about the same but that I really, really dislike. It's fake. For the same reason I never ordered them with rank insignia. I never was a Captain or Lieutenant in the US Army Air Force, I was a humble conscript Sergeant in the Royal Dutch Army. As with anything you order online, there's a risk and with Kickstarter there are added risks. The campaign is successful but the creator fails to deliver and that means your money is gone. Or you don't like it but usually you're out of luck as well because most if not all creators don't do refunds once the item is delivered. Kickstarter is not your regular store.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Based on the photo's it looks very nice and works well with the tropic style strap . I also like that the dial is not cluttered with unnecessary printing and appears nice and clear.

Congratulations again and trust you'll enjoy your new watch.

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It came with both straps. Does anyone want the leather strap? I'll pop it in the mail for you (no joke, send me a PM. First come first served).

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The strap is gone :)

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looks great. It borrows some cues from some iconic pieces, yet is its own design in the end.
It surely does. But only the ones in the know recognise this. It's a very clean design and for my 254 Euro a lot of watch. Still one to go, that will arrive the end of July. That's the one I'm most excited about because it so very much reminds me of the myriad of 'dive watches' that became popular in my youth. Most of them couldn't even resist a rain shower but hey, they looked the part!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts