Watch Freeks banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped by my local Jared's and was surprise to see they are now handling Oris and Longines.

Went to look at the Tag Formula One GMT with the black and blue bezel. Looks fabulous in photos, in person it was "Meh"? Colors on the bezel where a flat black and semi gloss blue, it looked cheap.

The I wandered off to the Hamilton display case and spotted the Pan Europ 3 hand, Wow, just Wow, what a sharp looking watch, comes with a leather rally strap and the multi-colored Nato.

Was surprised see it had a display case back and the movement was nicely decorated, this watch has a 70 hrs. power reserve. The crown is a pusher, yet the ETA 2836 hand cranked as easy as if it where a 2892-a2.

They discounted the price down to under $1K and I was ready to walk out with it, but the paltry 5bar WR and lack of a screw down crown scared me off, well at least for now.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
I like the watch. Not crazy about the NATO and would like to see it on a bracelet. I think it would look much better with that presentation.

·
11,666 Posts
I've been tempted by this one a few times. I like the grey dial version best. Not sure how much longer I can resist

Reactions: zed073

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Beautiful watch. A bracelet option, screw down crown, and higher WR rating would really take it up a notch.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Ive owned the black dial chrono version of this watch and loved it, but no OEM bracelet killed it for me.

Loved the black dial one I owned for a while.

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Simple solution if you don't care for either the rally strap or the Nato,

·
11,666 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Here's my Pan Europ chrono on canvas and leather (N80). I think it really accents the watch even better than a bracelet...........JMO............

Reactions: zaskar36 and RickF
1 - 11 of 11 Posts