Watch Freeks banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Long Time Member
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A very attractive rose gold finish chronograph with a true sweep center seconds chronograph hand. The center chronograph seconds hand appears to step at about 5 steps per second so I am calling this a 1/5 second resolution chronograph. 4 stars rating n Amazon due to the included "universal manual" not including this chronograph dial configuration and no specifications for any of the watches it supposedly covers. The watch seconds hand is the small bottom sub dial hand which steps at the usual quartz watch 1 second intervals. Actual case diameter is just over 42mm and the claimed diameter in the Amazon listing includes the crown setting knob thickness so a fairly large, but not ridiculously so, watch. A domed crystal without anti reflection coating. The band is substantial leather of unknown quality but I will be replacing it with a rose gold 22mm metal band. The back is circular and held on by 4 mini Philips screws rather than being screw-on which makes me wonder about the claimed 100 meter water resistance. All in all a quite attractive watch and the first quartz chronograph other than the Bulova Precisionist models I have seen with a sweep chronograph seconds hand, a nice feature. Cost on Amazon was $75.77including tax but you can beat that by buying on eBay. Shipment was from China and it arrived in about 10 days.

Watch Analog watch White Clock Font

· Long Time Member
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is a link to an eBay seller offering six versions with leather or steel bracelets. Seems to have a decent feedback rating. Note that the included 46.5mm listed diameter includes a large crown. Actual case diameter is about 42.8mm.

· Long Time Member
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A Seiko model I found with the same movement is the Seiko SSB321 which lists for $285 on the Seiko USA web site and has a screw back and claims a screw down crown. Amazon currently is offering it for 50% off, $143.49. Still listed as 100 meters water resistant.

· Long Time Member
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tom:
I agree about bang for the buck but the Seiko has much better lume and guards around the crown. Also includes a tachymeter bezel which is handy for checking your car speedometer against a marked mile as provided in some states. Also has a nice solid links steel band which I prefer. On the other hand the Pagani looks dressier in my opinion so it is all a matter of taste.

· Long Time Member
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Waaaaay too big!!
Too much real estate between the subdials/date window and the dial edge.
All a matter of taste and overall men's watches have grown in size over the last 10 to 20 years including some ridiculous oversize and thick watches from Invicta I have seen on the ShopHq channel. I have steel cased analog chronographs from Seiko and Casio that vary from about 38mm to 48+mm case diameter, excluding the crown. I believe the 38mm Seiko is about as small as they currently get for a Men's chronograph. My Seiko 8T67-00H0 using the same movement as the Pagani has a slightly larger overall size case but adds a tachymeter bezel, crown guards and much more readable lume.

· Long Time Member
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I also bought the black faced steel band version from a Chinese ebay seller as not listed on Amazon. This has 9mm wide links on the band with the butterfly style opening and no micro adjustments so length adjustment is a bit crude in my opinion. It took 3 weeks to arrive, not too bad for the Christmas season I feel. Price from China with tax was $57.77. Leather band version is about $5.50 less.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts