Watch Freeks banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Long Time Member
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A very attractive rose gold finish chronograph with a true sweep center seconds chronograph hand. The center chronograph seconds hand appears to step at about 5 steps per second so I am calling this a 1/5 second resolution chronograph. 4 stars rating n Amazon due to the included "universal manual" not including this chronograph dial configuration and no specifications for any of the watches it supposedly covers. The watch seconds hand is the small bottom sub dial hand which steps at the usual quartz watch 1 second intervals. Actual case diameter is just over 42mm and the claimed diameter in the Amazon listing includes the crown setting knob thickness so a fairly large, but not ridiculously so, watch. A domed crystal without anti reflection coating. The band is substantial leather of unknown quality but I will be replacing it with a rose gold 22mm metal band. The back is circular and held on by 4 mini Philips screws rather than being screw-on which makes me wonder about the claimed 100 meter water resistance. All in all a quite attractive watch and the first quartz chronograph other than the Bulova Precisionist models I have seen with a sweep chronograph seconds hand, a nice feature. Cost on Amazon was $75.77including tax but you can beat that by buying on eBay. Shipment was from China and it arrived in about 10 days.

Watch Analog watch White Clock Font

·
Super Moderator
20,184 Posts
That’s one sweet looking chronograph Astronut ! 😲(y)

Looks wise, and I tend to say it a lot with watches, 😊 it seriously
looks like a million $. 😎 I mean the look of the watch alone with
the dial, along with case, and finish is beautiful. And if you were
to see this watch out in the wild you would think it genuinely was
an expensive watch. Because it just really exudes class, as well
as has a nice classic feel. Yet is still more than modern enough
too.

Add a couple cherries on top with the elegant strap, and cool
chronograph movement, and you have a winning formula. With
the price being the grand finale. A GIANT Pagani congratulations
here on this Astro !!!

·
Long Time Member
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is a link to an eBay seller offering six versions with leather or steel bracelets. Seems to have a decent feedback rating. Note that the included 46.5mm listed diameter includes a large crown. Actual case diameter is about 42.8mm.

·
Super Moderator
20,184 Posts
That is really something Astro. 😲

Honestly just a regular quartz movement would have been nice enough.
But the Meca-Quartz is a real surprise to learn about. Plus just having
that movement would seemingly make the watch be hundreds of dollars.
Yet this Pagani Design keeps things below $100. 🥇😀

It’s pretty fantastic actually. ..Thanks a lot for the extra info on this !!!

·
Long Time Member
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Super Moderator
20,184 Posts
Even a cool Seiko like this which has a nice price looks like it’s unable
to match the bang for the buck of your Pagani sir. (y)😉 It’s a lot of fun
seeing the similar watches for higher prices right?! Because you end up
appreciating your watch as well as deal that much more. 😀

I know that I appreciate you shining some light on all of this Astro. Thx
so very very much !

·
Long Time Member
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tom:
I agree about bang for the buck but the Seiko has much better lume and guards around the crown. Also includes a tachymeter bezel which is handy for checking your car speedometer against a marked mile as provided in some states. Also has a nice solid links steel band which I prefer. On the other hand the Pagani looks dressier in my opinion so it is all a matter of taste.

·
Super Moderator
20,184 Posts
Tom:
I agree about bang for the buck but the Seiko has much better lume and guards around the crown. Also includes a tachymeter bezel which is handy for checking your car speedometer against a marked mile as provided in some states. Also has a nice solid links steel band which I prefer. On the other hand the Pagani looks dressier in my opinion so it is all a matter of taste.
(y)All great points Astro, no doubt, but in my humble opinion,
those pluses for the Seiko still don't add up to that amount more
than your Pagani. 😎🙂 And as you said, the Pagani does actually
look very sleek and sharp like you pointed out in the last sentence.
So that’s maybe the tie breaker right there in the end sir. 😉

1 - 12 of 12 Posts