Watch Freeks banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having sold 7 of my watches and bought only 2, I decided to treat myself to a cheapy. I had watched several reviews on the Pagani Design Explorer and have kept my eye open for one. Buy them from Ali Express and they are only about £70, buy from the UK and they are about £100. Found a used only once one for £65, so pressed the button. It's a kind of hybrid homage, but probably looks most like a Yacht Master. Incredible spec for the buck, NH35 movement, 316L stainless, 100m WR, AR sapphire, reasonable lume, ceramic bezel, exhibition case back, solid end links, milled clasp, and divers extension. OK, the bezel has a bit of play, and the crown is gritty, but a pretty good watch non the less

·
Super Moderator
10,943 Posts
Yeah, a stubborn crown, and bezel is nothing compared to how
impressive the watch is overall MW. 🙂 ..These specifications,
along with just the look is remarkable ! Between the classic all
around dive style, terrific finishes, and contrasts, fit, and finish,
and movement, it's more than good, it's great !

A big congrats there !!! (y) Enjoy MW !

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
I agree with AT, that sounds like a great! pick up; and it looks very nice. I was off early today, and an hour away, where there is a fine jeweler in the way, so I took an appointment (china flew protocol). I'm dismayed at the bezel action (and play) I found on some luxury watches, play and just harshness, I don't think they're supposed to be broken in, perhaps I'm wrong. There was even a 60 click, I didn't think anyone used those. A little play for your 65 sounds ok to me. Thank You for posting, what good find.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Looks nice!

I remember someone doing a review of a bog standard Invicta Diver where he complained of the same problem (gritty crown, gritty caseback). While this can mean it is not the best workmanship in the world, it also means that it is missing lubrication. The video recommends using grease meant for silicone rubber seals on cars (usually a sunroof, or other such area) to provide the lubricant on the threads and preserve the rubber seals, I have done this for years now on my Vostoks, without any issues.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree with AT, that sounds like a great! pick up; and it looks very nice. I was off early today, and an hour away, where there is a fine jeweler in the way, so I took an appointment (china flew protocol). I'm dismayed at the bezel action (and play) I found on some luxury watches, play and just harshness, I don't think they're supposed to be broken in, perhaps I'm wrong. There was even a 60 click, I didn't think anyone used those. A little play for your 65 sounds ok to me. Thank You for posting, what good find.
Not at all. There are luxury brands to this day who produce bezels with a 60 click. I believe the Rolex Yacht master still has one, but not 100% certain. I have a rather nice Chris Ward C6 with a 60 click bezel, and the action is top notch. Ask yourself, why 120 click? No diver sets the bezel to a margin of half a minute, they wouldn't dare. So in reality the only reason for a 120 click bezel is that if it doesn't align properly, it is more easily hidden. I have 60 click, 90 click, and 120 click bezels, and the only things I care about is the action, the resistance, and the back play.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts