Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

PA GGT , WG AND WF MEMBERS ALIKE........

SO......It all started a couple of months ago........the planning of the PA GGT..........I would need to start a novel to tell everyone all about everything that went into it , and all Judd, and I and many others involved did to put this together.......Let me say, that it was not only worth it, but it was one of the best times ive ever had........and ive had alot.........Lol........I want to say , that if i forget anyone here, i am sorry, i made notes along the way in my blackberry, and I hope i thank everyone I can......

First off, THIS WAS THE BIGGEST GGT TO DATE!! Which means that we have to try and top it next year........and believe me, after being there with some of the greatest people on the planet, Judd and I will do our best to try and top it next year......

We had an amazing time, with over 80 some geeks attending, a great restaurant, great food, Larry Maegan and George Fox both showed up, we gave away some of the greatest prizes, had fun, talked with everyone, made jokes, hugged, kissed, laughed, cried , sighed, and well, just plain had a blast............I dont think it could have gone any better than it did, The only thing i wish was that it never ended.......I could have hung out all night with these members........
I have made a ridiculous amount of real friends from this forum over the past several months........FRIENDS FOR LIFE!!

So, onto my day, hit the mall at about 10:30, and met Mike, WolfemanUk, and we hit up torneau, and a few other watch shops, shared some starbucks coffee and chilled for awhile, and then hit the ggt at about 12:30......Then the fun really began.....
Besides the donated giveaways from the companies, wich included, CHASE DURER, INVICTA, RENATO, AND DEEP BLUE, SWAG FROM SWI AND ANDROID, WRISTWATCH INTERNATIONAL MAGAZINES BROUGHT BY LARRY MAEGAN, WE HAD MEMBERS DONATE THEIR OWN WATCHES TO GIVE US TO RAFFLE OFF AS WELL.........AMAZING!

ALSO, WE WERE ABLE TO RAISE $1000 FOR THE ST. JUDES CHILDRENS HOSPITAL, AND GAVE AWAY A NFW AUTOPILOT AND A CUSTOM MADE WATCH TOWER, MADE BY OUR OWN BRIAN(BRZ).........AND WAS WON BY WG ANAS............JUST AMAZING.....ALL OF IT.......I CAN GO ON AND ON, BUT LET ME GET TO THE THANKS.........

Special shout out and thanks to ........Judd(wired1) and Jessie, Big Joe, Wathurself, EL Don Juan, Brz, Raxmatatzz(Debbie), Jack prime, Ukwolfman, Loosecannon, Silverwatch13, Arnie11.. Anas, Larry Maegan, George Fox, Chase Durer(thank you Marianne), Swi, Invicta(thank you J.S.), Nfw, Deep Blue, Renato, and Android, and everyone else who attended who i got to speak with and finally meet, some of the best group of people i have ever been around..........PERIOD!!

ON TO PICS I HAVE..........
YOYO BRAN(BRANDON) TAKING SOME PICS

JACKPRIME, WOLFEMANUK, AND JAY(JUDDS FRIEND)

THE ORGANIZERS.......DON AND JUDD(TATTOO CHEF AND WIRED1

ME AND JACKPRIME......

THE GIVEAWAYS.......

LOOSECANNON AND BIG JOE

NHWOODS, SHERM AND THE BACK OF JAYSQUARED AN SILVERWATC13 HEADS....LOL

EL DON JUAN AND ME

ME, ANAS, AND TVDINNER.......

ME AND MY FRIEND.....THE MAN, THE MYTH THE LEGEND.....GEORGE FOX!!

THE LUCKY WINNER OF A CHASE DURER MISSLE COMMAND!!!!

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

I see Arnie and Linda made it, good deal Great People's right there!

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
imported post

Thanks for the pix !...Maybe next time you could get TVD to stick a cigar in his mouth so that he is immediately recognizable to me...Kiddin'..Just kiddin'...They were fun to look at & I, for one, appreciate you posting them.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

was an amazing time and I can not wait for the next one!!! I loved meeting over 80 other watch enthusiasts and seeing so many great watches in one room. Was a fantastic day.

Now the drive home this morning, lol. Only 5 more hours of driving to go!

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

Definitely wish that I could have gone! Bad timing for me. :(

Congrats on all who made it. From what I've heard from multiple sources, it went very well!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

Looks like fun!

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

I had a blast...Great people...Great watches...Great food...Don those giveaways were awesome and the best part you raised a G note for St Judes..Glad I came and will attend every year brutha...You and Judd did a fantastic job and everyone was getting along and having fun...Shout out to everyone I met...

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun I am definitely jealous! PA is just a little out of the way from Seattle........:)

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

One of the best times and events I have ever been a part of period. I can not wait for the next time we can come together for such an event. Folks the mods of this site are awesome people and folks you can definitely trust and should want to get to know. Spent a crap load of time with Don (Tattoo Chef) who is about as genuine of a person that I have ever met and learned a great deal from him in the short time we spent hitting the watch stores throughout the mall. Thanks Don, James, George and Judd for making the event unbelievable. I know of some amazing stories from this GGT things that would blow some peoples minds. I hope at some point folks share them as they are not my stories to tell. Next GGT you got to take part!

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

You guys killed it! Excellent job by Wired1 and the cook for throwing such a huge and successful event! I gotta admit, the EC's did a great job on this one. You have some generous folks that attended. the giveaways were plentiful and the 1k donation to ST. Jude was superb! Great job guys.
Don, I hope you can pull one together in April so that I can meet a bunch of you cats at one time. Obviously we'll talk and i'll schedule around what you come up with.
I almost forgot...I would be remiss if I didn't mention that the Hurley hat is LAME!! Thanks for sharing.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

TUNAKLLR wrote:
You guys killed it! Excellent job by Wired1 and the cook for throwing such a huge and successful event! I gotta admit, the EC's did a great job on this one. You have some generous folks that attended. the giveaways were plentiful and the 1k donation to ST. Jude was superb! Great job guys.
Don, I hope you can pull one together in April so that I can meet a bunch of you cats at one time. Obviously we'll talk and i'll schedule around what you come up with.
I almost forgot...I would be remiss if I didn't mention that the Hurley hat is LAME!! Thanks for sharing.
I wasnt touching the hat but I am glad you took care of it for me!!! LOL

·
Registered
119 Posts
imported post

You PA cats did it up proud.

A hearty congrats to you for a huge success.

Wish I could have been there.

(Do you think your gift to St. Jude had anything to

do with your success....lol)

God bless on a task well done.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
imported post

UKWolfeman wrote:
I know of some amazing stories from this GGT things that would blow some peoples minds.
*gasp* How can you drop a bombshell such as that & just LEAVE ?!...Have you no experience with women, sir ?...I want to know !...C'mon !

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

I absolutely have to defer to my fellow PA GGT'ers to spread that info around. Let's just say I know of a couple but it is absolutely not my place to tell. One of the things that makes events like this so special. You really have to be there to get the whole grasp of what happens. I think one will share when he is ready.

Duchess wrote:
UKWolfeman wrote:
I know of some amazing stories from this GGT things that would blow some peoples minds.
*gasp* How can you drop a bombshell such as that & just LEAVE ?!...Have you no experience with women, sir ?...I want to know !...C'mon !

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
imported post

I was there in spirit...Now, spill the beans.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
imported post

It's ok, Wolf...I know you can't tell, I'm just feeling a lil' spirited & I'm jerking your chain.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

Looks like I missed a fun event. It's cool to finally put some faces to names. Thanks for the photos Don. Those were some sweet giveaway pieces.

·
Registered
512 Posts
imported post

The event was GREAT! Gail and I had a great time meeting some members I have never met and seeing some old friends I haven't seen in months! The event was put together so well. Even when the restaurant people started flashing the lights to tell us to GET OUT!

Larry Magen and George Fox coming out made it really special for those people that never got to meet them or speak with them.

I will say the MOST POPULAR watch in the room, didn't even have a dial or movement. The prototype of the NFW ViperFish on the rubber strap is EVERYTHING you could want and more.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

yea, I am looking forward to seeing the rest of that Viperfish finally put together and finished. Was a lot of fun.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
yea, I am looking forward to seeing the rest of that Viperfish finally put together and finished. Was a lot of fun.
I agree with ya James...That case looked awesome...when is the watch coming out?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts