Watch Freeks banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

About a month ago I did WEEKS of research looking for a new watch box. I finally found one on SkyMall that had a ton of positive reviews and I was able to look at images of actual watches in the box.

Cherrywood Large Watch Storage Case - Measures: 20" x 12" x 6" (stores 24 watches)

After a few weeks the item being on back order I received my confirmation email tonight that my new watch box is shipping out today. This is SUCH great news and I am excited.

This box FITS EVERY watch. The big ones like SAS, or SAN or Russian Divers LOOK SMALL in the compartments. They will NEVER rub against each other or be jammed against the dividers. I am really pumped. I got the cherry color one.

Here is the LINK to the actual item on SkyMall

Here is the stock image -

Here is an actual image of the box with real huge watches in it (thank you Iceman1974/Cody!). Look at how much room there is even for the Russian Diver size watches.

I will post pictures of mine when it arrives with watches in it!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
imported post

Great looking box. Sky mall is outta Tempe here I believe and has always had great stuff. Im waiting til 10-18 when the Croton towers are supposed to be back. Im hoping they will offer some of the original style and if not ill be going the skymall route myself. The new style Croton box just doesnt appeal to me at all

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Wave - I feel the same way. And the Android boxes were even worse in my opinion. At least the Croton towers show the watches through the top. For me I want to see the top section of watches in a display manner.

I will post pics of mine once it arrives in the next week or so.

·
Registered
26 Posts
imported post

The original Croton towers were cool because you could see all 18 watches. They sold out every time they were offered and I cant for the life of me figure why they would change unless the Merm was just unable to get more. He is suposed to be bringing more to the shop on 10/18 but hasnt said if they will be the old style or the new ones. If they are the new style I have a friend on another forum who has one of the 20 slot wall units she is willing to sell me for what she paid for it.

·
Registered
922 Posts
imported post

nice box. please post new pics when you get it if possible. i am going to be looking for a new box soon and that one has a lot of potential to end up on my bedroom dresser also. thanks.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
imported post

Great looking box. I just got one from amazon.com for 55.00 and the box holds all watches up to 48 mm. The bigger watches don't fit. I'll have to find one of these soon for the bigger watches.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Online tracking says my new one mentioned in the OP will arrive on MONDAY!! Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
117 Posts
imported post

That is a really nice looking box and a really good price.

I paid more for my Triton watch box and while it is nice, it has some issues with larger sized watches. I also really like the ring slots on the side of the one mentioned in this thread. Great for rings, cuff links, etc.

Here is a picture of the one I have. Similar, but the watch compartments are not as wide.

·
Registered
71 Posts
imported post

Here are a couple more pics of my box, My dad and I bought ours together and I can't say enough about it! Plenty of room for sure!!!

Thanks for looking everyone...

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Skymall has 2 different 24 slot watch boxes the one above for like $80.00, and another looks just like it with a different color pillow material for $120.00. Has anyone bough the more expensive one> and is is it any better? I would always buy the higher dollar version generally it ensures a little more quality but the boxes your showing look good too me.

·
Registered
294 Posts
imported post

Those are nice looking cases... that was the main reason I made my own case because I was having a hard time finding a case that could hold the 50mm+ with a display top.. also with 4 winders on my dresser & a watch case I just plan ran out of room... not to mention the fact that the wife said I have too keep my watches on MY side of the room..lol

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
Online tracking says my new one mentioned in the OP will arrive on MONDAY!! Fingers crossed!
Well, did you ever receive it?

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
imported post

I love these boxes from Skymall. I'm getting my third today via the Brown Truck and really need a fourth. This one is a replacement for one I had to send back due to imperfections. Before these I used the SWI 12 slot watch box. Loved them too but there's no comparison.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

great pics!!!

·
Registered
768 Posts
imported post

I had to order one of these in Burlwood 79.95 + 9.29 tax and 112.49 2nd day delivery !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
imported post

Skymall has promotions pretty often for up to 25% off. The last box I purchased cost me $79 shipped. I Love the box and Skymall! Lol

BW-1 wrote:
I had to order one of these in Burlwood 79.95 + 9.29 tax and 112.49 2nd day delivery !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

I spent UNDER $100 total for mine.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts