Watch Freeks banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone happen to see this? Or know about these?

Seems like Oris has a stainless steel bracelet version of the Oris Diver's Sixty-Five coming soon.
Roger Ruegger from Dive into Watches already has some terrific pictures of the watches. :thumb:

Here's a look...

Dive into Watches also guys...

http://diveintowatches.com/2016/02/15/oris-65-diver-mit-stahlband/

·
Registered
4,912 Posts

Seems like Oris has a stainless steel bracelet version of the Oris Diver's Sixty-Five coming soon.
Roger Ruegger from Dive into Watches already has some terrific pictures of the watches. :thumb:

Here's a look...

For some reason the bracelet with the odd looking end links makes this watch look cheap, takes away from the dial and the whole genre of it

Maybe mesh would work for me, the bracelet, absolutely no.

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
The top picture is of the new watch, the two bottom pictures are of the 1965 watch. On the new watch, the (still hollow?) end link fits better.

Reactions: Reflex

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
I've seen these, without the bracelet, and really do like the look of it. I think the date at 6 looks better and it'd black. Just can't get over the price though, for what it has.
Honestly, I wouldn't mind selling all the watches I have and just have this, but that ain't going to happen soon.

·
Registered
419 Posts
im a big oris fan and have had many and still have a great barrier reef but i just cant get past the numbers that look like a kid or moron drew them :) just saying

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
im a big oris fan and have had many and still have a great barrier reef but i just cant get past the numbers that look like a kid or moron drew them :) just saying
A moron? It's a remake of a vintage diver. Just sayin

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts
A moron? It's a remake of a vintage diver. Just sayin

Not to mention they are similar to many other iconic vintage divers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
For me, this watch ticks all the right boxes except the 1700 Euro price tag (they still go for list here). The movement used is an adapted Sellita SW200, which itself is an ETA 2824-2 clone. So that doesn't justify the price tag. Through grey channels it can be had for 1580 Euro. Still a very, very nice watch if you are into retro dive watches. Like me :D

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
Would make a great forum watch, let's ask Oris to donate 100 :D:D:D

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
A blast from the past:

Reactions: #four

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
Or a blast from today:

·
Registered
1 Posts

Here's a look...

I tried this watch on today with the bracelet. It's cool, but I decided that it wasn't for me. Although I like the retro styling, the watch seemed too thin and unsubstantial for the money. Granted, I do prefer a larger diver with a thicker case such as a Planet Ocean XL so I'd rather spend $1200 for something like an Aquis Date on a bracelet myself. I also have a 7 inch wrist. Moral of the story - try this watch in person before purchasing - I thought I would like it more than I did.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts