Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,155 Posts
imported post

CurrentTime wrote:
I am jealous!
I agree with the statement above and forgot to add that same line to my original OMG post.

One of my grails. Congrats.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

CurrentTime wrote:
How Sweeeeeeeeeettttt!

Damn, that's nice! :) :c

I like that packaging, quite unique!

Enjoy that beauty.

I am jealous! :pk
It's freeking amazing to me compared to the price I paid. Thanks a bunch!

This was kind of a big step for me... But I'm delighted with it.

David

·
Premium Member
25,155 Posts
imported post

tell me more about the book it came with. Looks like a lot of pages. Is it just a product guide or additional images, history, etc??

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
tell me more about the book it came with. Looks like a lot of pages. Is it just a product guide or additional images, history, etc??
First off, it took me TWO hours to think of looking for it down there (what a dummy:lol) I was surprised there wasn't ANY kind of book and then BAM, saw the little pull tab...

First off it's in seven languages, so it isn't QUITE an encyclopedia brittanica:%

The English part is 33 pages and covers the use of (possibly all) of their watches, it isn't model specific. It had all of the basics for newbies, winding, setting, etc., a bit of Oris' history and all the info on the various bells and whistles. I have never owned a watch with a helium release valve, for example and it tells how to use that.

Really deluxe fit and finish and first rate presentation all the way. I guess it's considered "entry-level" by the watch magazines, but I suppose they are looking at Vacheron Constantin, High-End Breitlings, Jerome whatisnoodles that don't even tell time, LOL and other snooty watches. It's pretty nice for a dope like me...

David

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
imported post

Jackprime1 wrote:
David congrats brutha...Awesome watch...Gotta love Oris...Wear it well my friend...I'm sure that bad boy is gonna get lots of wrist time...
Thanks Jack! It'll definitely be the top banana for quite some time.

:%I'm FASHION CONSCIOUS, (like Current Time, LOL) and wear a lot of BLUE, so it'll be on more days than not for a while, I'm guessing.

If I can find a Blue CARE BEARS T-SHIRT I may NEVER take it off!:lol

David

·
Premium Member
25,155 Posts
imported post

argabright wrote:
Really deluxe fit and finish and first rate presentation all the way. I guess it's considered "entry-level" by the watch magazines, but I suppose they are looking at Vacheron Constantin, High-End Breitlings, Jerome whatisnoodles that don't even tell time, LOL and other snooty watches. It's pretty nice for a dope like me...
what is considered "entry level"? The Oris watch you got? I would not say it is entry level at all for the luxury brands. it is way better then "pretty nice".

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
argabright wrote:
what is considered "entry level"? The Oris watch you got? I would not say it is entry level at all for the luxury brands. it is way better then "pretty nice".
That Online Swiss Watch magazine REPEATEDLY characterized the Oris and Hamiltons as "Entry level". Even put them in the same article as a FOSSIL. It was kinda hurtful, LOL
http://www.europastar.com/europastar/search/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1004000754
Oh yeah, they included Seikos, Bastards:lol
http://www.europastar.com/europastar/search/search_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003853555

·
Premium Member
25,155 Posts
imported post

argabright wrote:
TVDinner wrote:
argabright wrote:
That Online Swiss Watch magazine REPEATEDLY characterized the Oris and Hamiltons as "Entry level". Even put them in the same article as a FOSSIL. It was kinda hurtful, LOL
Well that is absurd and you know it. You DO NOT see a Fossil sold at Tourneau in the middle high end sections. You do not see Fossil even sold at regular jewelry stores. Oris is ONLY sold at the highest end retailers.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
imported post

I put in the links in the above posts. I didn't agree, either. It was quite the series of articles to find the day before MY baby arrived.

One man's treasure is another man's trash I guess...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.