Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Orient Men's Blue Mako Automatic Dive Watch CEM75002D

These are with the Invicta Pro Diver Bracelet; it's so tight I don't think it's ever coming off.......
I will shoot some of the Orient bracelet separately.

I will take photos (watch, box, etc.) as soon as time permits. I will edit them into this post.

The info from the Orient Website.
Band: Solid Stainless SteelPower Reserve: Approximately 40 HoursCrystal: Mineral CrystalClasp: Double Push Button Fold Over Clasp w/ SafetyCrown: Screwed-down CrownCase Measurement: Stainless steel caseWater Resistance: 200m

Received the watch late yesterday and my first impressions:

Paid $155 from eBay seller, free freight (USPS).
Box - Simple blue box but nice. Aluminum faceplate on the top of the box with Orient on it. Nothing too special and sized just to fit the item inside.
Packing - Watch was wrapped in plastic like most and had bubble wrap around inside the box to keep the watch from moving.
Inside the box - Watch, instructions (easy to follow and in every language except Latin and Swahili.
All in all well wrapped and protected and should withstand any shipping circumstance.

- Picked up the watch was immediately satisfied with the weight
- Immediately liked the Royal Blue face and dark blue bezel.
- Crown is small in comparison to a Pro Diver but has a quality feel.
- No manual wind and is not hackable ( a bit disappointed).
Measurements (actual)

Bezel from 9 to 3 - 44.8mm
Case with crown - 48.06mm
Lug to lug (12 to 6) - 51.6mm
Crystal Dia. - 34.4mm
Thickness - 13.3mm
Crown - 5.97mm (versus a 7.52mm on most Pro Divers)
Betwee lug - 22mm
Bracelet (non tapering, a plus) - 22mm
Bracelet link width - 3.74mm (versus a 4.1 on most Pro Divers)
Compression pins for bracelet adjustment
And sadly no solid end links!!
Screw down solid cas back

The watch itself has a very substantial feel and appears to be of quality manufacture and design. Day/ date is a plus and the pusher above the crown operates the day...very simple. I had the time and day set in less than a minute. I put the watch under a halogen lamp last night at 9:30 for 10 minutes and at 4am I looked at the watch in pitch black and could read the time very easily...very nice lume (Super Lumanova?? not sure).
The overall fit and how it sits is very similar to Pro Diver of this size, comfortable in every regard. The sweeping hand is similar to a SW200 motion and the overall readability of the face and hands is very good. The hands are thick with plenty of lume.

All in all I ma happy with the watch itself but as I examine the bracelet my conclusion is that it is a POS (sorry, just my opinion). Sad actually when you consider the effort that went into the case, dial, function, etc. But this may be the reason that it is only a $150 watch. I will look into whether a different, more substantial bracelet will work (I'll keep you all posted).

Bracelet
- Thin, lightweight, but plenty of links ofr even the largest wrist.
-Clasp is very thin (like tin) and when you close the double lock it does not always line up and you have give a little pressure to the side that came down on itself (not cool).
- It does have the side pushers for added safety but it's clearly not enough to feel better about the bracelet.
- 3 micro adjustments on the clasp, easy to find a good fit.

Well that's all for now. As mentioned I will get some photos up as soon as I can and will check on the possibility of an alternate bracelet.

CJ

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

very nice review CJ - i like the look of this one -too bad on the bracelet - maybe you can try a Rubber strap or even a leather on it -might dress it up abit with the leather??

keep us infomred on the bracelet replacement

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

great review and thanks for all the info. as you know I have been looking at one of them also.

I know the really expensive ones have solid everything bracelets.

I look forward to seeing your pics and hearing more feedback!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

I have an original Black Mako and love it. My bracelet doesn't feel flimsy so maybe they changed the bracelet. I love the looks of the new version of the Mako and that blue is awesome! Nice pick up!! Congrats and wear it well!!

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks Brian and you could very well be right about the changing of the bracelet.
I am guessing they needed to do something to keep the cost down. I hope most understand that I really dig the watch, just wish a better bracelet would have come with.
(In fact, been wearing it all day!!!!):)

CJ

sheraortho wrote:
I have an original Black Mako and love it. My bracelet doesn't feel flimsy so maybe they changed the bracelet. I love the looks of the new version of the Mako and that blue is awesome! Nice pick up!! Congrats and wear it well!!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

Seattle wrote:
Thanks Brian and you could very be right about the changing of the bracelet.
I am guessing they needed to do something to keep the cost down. I hope most understand that I really dig the watch, just wish a better bracelet would have come with.
(In fact, been wearing it all day!!!!):)

CJ

sheraortho wrote:
I'm telling ya, that blue is KILLER!!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I cant wait to see some real wrist pics!

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Update
As the day went on the bracelet was bugging me more and more, I took it off several times during the day (shower, workout, etc.) and every time I put it back on the clasp did not align (due to the thin material) and I had to nudge in order to get it to snap.
I grabbed an extra SS Invicta Pro Diver bracelet last night and after an hour managed to get it on.

The Invicta bracelet end links are literally a hair wider than the lugs of the Orient. Took a jewelers file and gave each side a few scrapes to make it fit...it's really tight!
Because it's so tight it was a real %$#@ getting the push pins in but after (as mentioned) an hour I managed to get it all together. The contour of the end link and the watch is near perfect but the contour at the beginning of the lug and the end link is off a bit (nothing anyone would really notice). WOW!! I went from liking the watch to loving it. The overall weight is very substantial and SS on both parts really work well together.

I know, I know, definitely will have pics up today.

CJ

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

CJ I love the Comment on your Signature!!! LOL

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Thanks George! Funny 'cause I brought it over from WG's but am finding that it's not relevant over here at WF's. So far it appears that we are all the embodiment of shared opinions and intelligent perspective. I was actually thinking about changing it to something even more thought provoking like "I've always prefered Maryann over Ginger......" LOL

WATCHURSELF wrote:

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Seattle wrote:
Thanks George! Funny 'cause I brought it over from WG's but am finding that it's not relevant over here at WF's. So far it appears that we are all the embodiment of shared opinions and intelligent perspective. I was actually thinking about changing it to something even more thought provoking like "I've always prefered Maryann over Ginger......" LOL

WATCHURSELF wrote:
please dont waste any time changing your signature and grab your camera and take some pictures of your watch already pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee - HAHAHA

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Seattle wrote:

WATCHURSELF wrote:
Are you Nutz, Ginger was way hotter then Mayann, and she was a redhead!!!! You know what that means right?

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Now that you mention it Rip, I did a date a redhead in high school......oh man!!

CJ

RipitRon wrote:
Seattle wrote:

WATCHURSELF wrote:
Are you Nutz, Ginger was way hotter then Mayann, and she was a redhead!!!! You know what that means right?

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

My first wife was a red head. Unfortunately...I think her red hair was signifying something else....

Hint...Keith said Danny had red hair on the TV show "The Partridge Family" for this reason!!!!

Okay...can't wait to see some pics of hte Orient with teh Invicta SS bracelet...!!!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

·
Registered
72 Posts
imported post

Good review of the Orient! Kind of a bummer that you had to do the extra work to get it to your liking. I think my first summer watch next year will be the pepsi orient mako.

Enjoy that one CJ!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

that watch looks INCREDIBLY hot and makes me want one even more. I will be searching for a deal on one of these. Thank you for posting the pictures!

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

Thanks James, I think so too. Now that I have a nice bracelet on it I can't take it off!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts