Watch Freeks banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I knew I shouldn't have bought an automatic, firstly after purchasing the Blue Orient Mako XL around 2 months ago. View attachment 75850 View attachment 75866 I very quickly realised I needed another in my collection, the Mako XL I own only gains around 5 seconds per day. Which I think is outstanding for an automatic at this price point. The build quality is also superb you would be forgiven for thinking it cost several times more.

Not my picture, but my Mako Pepsi should be arriving any day now. When I last checked the Mako was passing through Holland on it's way to my wrist in the UK.

View attachment 75874

Looking forward to this one arriving, I will probably change the bracelet for a Steveo Para pictured above on my XL.

This is becoming a serious illness I already have automatic number 3 on the horizon. I have been looking at the H20's/Helberg for sometime now but wanted to make double sure that I can get on with automatic watches before pulling the trigger.

My first automatic the Mako XL has not disappointed me in any shape way or form, hence the pending arrival of the Pepsi.

I will update with my impressions and pictures when the Pepsi arrives, thanks for reading.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX81 using Tapatalk.

Reactions: Reflex

·
3,979 Posts
Desk Diver:
Bought an Orient XL awhile back from that company in Long Island
Same accuracy stats (6 secs + per day)
Got an Orient Flight on my radar screen next month. Tan dial
The Flight will be my 3rd Orient. Luv em.

Lou Snutt

·
11,665 Posts
Congrats on a real sharp looking Orient. Enjoy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: desk_diver

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Excellent choice dd.

I've been wanting to pick up a pepsi as well.

I wish they did an XL with a pepsi bezel.

My 2 Mako XL's are keepers for sure.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Congrats on your second automatic watch!

Reactions: desk_diver

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Solid choice. Love me some Orients, I have a few. Wear it in good health sir.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Many thanks peeps, got the watch on my wrist now. I will be keeping it on it's bracelet for the moment as I quite like it, seems less to have far less of a rattle than the XL's bracelet.
First impressions are very favorable but I have had it less than 1 hour, I will update.
Here are a couple of quick phone shots. View attachment 75914 View attachment 75922 View attachment 75930

·
Super Moderator
12,931 Posts
Very nice Desk ! :eek: Holy cow, isn't it terrific how the pepsi styles, and colors are different with all of the different watch companies? :) It's just great ! Some companies go more vibrant, others go more muted, and this looks to be a blend of both to tell the truth. Looks phenomenal !!! Hope you're really enjoying it ! ..Big congratulations there DD !

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very nice Desk ! :eek: Holy cow, isn't it terrific how the pepsi styles, and colors are different with all of the different watch companies? :) It's just great ! Some companies go more vibrant, others go more muted, and this looks to be a blend of both to tell the truth. Looks phenomenal !!! Hope you're really enjoying it ! ..Big congratulations there DD !
Thanks, my pictures do not do it justice at all it was just a couple of quick phone shots. So far very impressed I will have to take some better pictures though.
Hope it proves to be as accurate as my XL at +5 per day the XL is superb.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Reactions: zaskar36

·
3,979 Posts
Orient Mako is 1st watch of the month to wear. XL is 2nd day of month day. So on til I
reach 28 (the number of watches in my herd). Then I repeat the process.
Latest pickup is 6th Casio G Shock.It's the Mudman.
But Grail G is the Rangeman. Come on April 15 2016 IRS Refund days.

Lou Snutt

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Orient Mako is 1st watch of the month to wear. XL is 2nd day of month day. So on til I
reach 28 (the number of watches in my herd). Then I repeat the process.
Latest pickup is 6th Casio G Shock.It's the Mudman.
But Grail G is the Rangeman. Come on April 15 2016 IRS Refund days.

Lou Snutt
Great system, I don't have that many watches in my rotation at the moment trying my best to keep it trim. Down to 8 Eco-Drives and 2 automatics, with 2 Eco's going up for sale shortly.

·
Super Moderator
12,931 Posts
Thanks, my pictures do not do it justice at all it was just a couple of quick phone shots. So far very impressed I will have to take some better pictures though.
Hope it proves to be as accurate as my XL at +5 per day the XL is superb.

You are very welcome Desk ! ..Think your pictures are great by the way. :smile-thumb2:Thinking it will be just as accurate as your XL also ! Enjoy !!! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts