Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered my first watch a few days ago. Been wanting a watch, particularly a dive style watch with good lume and went with the Seiko SKX007K2

Also went and order a black PVD super oyster bracelet via strapcode

Excited to get it in a few days.

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Awesome Seiko!!! Show us some pics when it arrives. Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Very wise choice! Seiko are one of the top manufacturers, with watches ranging from simple but sturdy $80 automatics to top of the bill Grand Seiko models with hand made movements on par with the best what Switzerland can make.

Reactions: Roarry

·
Registered
693 Posts
Good choice for a first watch. You can hardly go wrong with the 007 model. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Already planning on getting the case and bezel cerakoted, different dial, sapphire crystal, and hands. Love the fact that it's cheap, reliable, and customizable. It will suit me well until I get something nicer such as a Sinn lol

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Ive owned a number of Seiko SKX models over the years. Such fantastic watches, especially since they are so customizable.

Congrats.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Nice, who's doing the work for you? Congrats!

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Graffex
Welcome to the OCD watch bunch.
Great 1st watch choice!!!
I have 6 Seiko divers. I'm OCD about Seiko, DB and Reactor divers.
You'll be ok in the morning. Take 2 aspirin and call me.News at 11:00

Lou Snutt

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Excellent choice for your first watch! Personally I'd gone with the SS oyster bracelet though, but that's just me.

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Ah, the first watch...... So long and many watches ago :D

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
You say you're excited about getting it? Ya, no kidding!
Great choice, well done.
As far as the excitement goes, IT NEVER GETS OLD!!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
thats a great choice for a first watch, you obviously did your research. my first 6 watches were all mistakes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

There she is. I need to take it to the local jeweler to get the aftermarket band put and on sized. The stock band doesn't fit, hence why its not on my wrist. I'd do it myself but don't have any tools small enough to move the spring bar. I love it though, very high quality. My 12 hour day, 6 days a week, work week hasn't allowed the time for me to get it done yet, but Sunday it will be on my wrist.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts