Watch Freeks banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After debating a few on the other forum, I decided on my first orange dial. I couldn't pass up on the deal. Swissa had a blowout sale this past weekend. I plan to try out IWW (he's in the same town as I) and get the rest of the bezel lumed and find a nice black rubber strap. I need one with the flexibility and thickness as my Magrette. Hoping there's something a little less $ than the Isofrane. Here's a borrowed pic, not like everyone hasn't already seen one....

Attachments

·
13,331 Posts
Love the orange against the gunmetal case. Very Sweet. Congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Both the auto and quartz versions of that watch are pretty great. A fresh strap and lumed bezel will make it an absolute stunner.

If you are looking for something cheaper than an Isofrane, the Benarus CUDA straps are pretty close, and about $40 cheaper (although I just checked and it seems they are no longer listed on the site).

Bonneto Cinturi is another cheap option, with what I believe is the same high quality vanilla scented natural rubber that Isofrane uses.
https://www.watchgecko.com/bonetto-cinturini-281-watch-strap.php

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Super Moderator
14,708 Posts
Ooh nice Redlinez ! :smileyface_hand_cla :) That is one phenomenal first orange dial. Huge congratulations ahead of time. ..Can't wait to see it, and the combinations you come up with !

·
Registered
2,170 Posts

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
You won't regret this purchase. The VSA is an excellent choice. I have mine in the dark brown and an orange iso. Its one of the best watch buys of my life actually. Really sweet piece with outstanding bang for buck!

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
congrats. VSA DM500 is always a solid choice.

I had a quartz blue dial once upon a time. I really wish VSA would do a black dial auto in Stainless Steel. I'd be all over it.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just got it yesterday (quite slow shipping...) . Kind of think I would have liked the red dial better, but I'm planning on dropping off with IWW and getting the rest of the bezel lumed. Then I may try that Obris Morgan strap as well.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Orange is always a good colour on divers, love the orange band on that one it compliments the face perfectly. It will look stunning with a full lumed bezel.
Enjoy and wear it in good health.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX81 using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not sure if I want to spend $95 to lume the bezel. If that's a fair price, let me know. Here are some pics as I finally wore it today. The band is getting more comfortable, I just want a black one as it's too much orange for my taste.
First impressions, I love the crown action. I hate to say it, but it's much better feeling than my Magrette 9015. I kind of like the idea of some different hands, possibly black anodized with lume? IWW did say they do a three step procedure to the luming, so it may be worth it.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,708 Posts
Now that is nice Redlinez, and you know what?! The bezel looks fine the way it is to be honest. :eek: There are already so many great details in this stunner. You really just want to enjoy them ! The bezel design alone without the markers is amazing, as is the hypnotic dial. This will be one that's hard to take off. Plus the orange strap is perfect for summer ! :eek:

Huge congrats !!! Wow ! Looks phenomenal !

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Enjoy! I've got the red-dial quartz... LOVE IT!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts