Watch Freeks banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in the UK and have been looking for a brands offering orange as an option are either to expensive or unavailable. It must have sapphire, a decent bracelet, and a good bezel, so this eliminates both Seiko and Orient. Micro brands are either to expensive, or never available. The Rotary Super 7 looks a decent option, albeit there are those who don't like the 8000 series Miyota movement. I am OK with it after having owned several. I also don't want a homage. What do you think, or do you have any other suggestions. Again, I live in the UK, and our options are limited

·
Registered
993 Posts
Interesting. I've never heard of Rotary Super 7. Are they known to be good watches?

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
Sorry, unless it hand winds and hacks, it's not for me at that price!

Reactions: forzaferrari

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting. I've never heard of Rotary Super 7. Are they known to be good watches?
They are one of the most popular brands in the UK. Originally a Swiss brand, then became UK based. They manufacture in Chana, but also have an elite range made in Switzerland called Les Originales. In this case I believe the watch is overpriced because of the movements. Here is my Rotary Les Originales

·
Super Moderator
10,988 Posts
Was thinking about this Mrs. Wiggles, and actually think the Rotary is the way
to go. 😉 I mean for you to pick it out it has to mean something right?! 😀

Honestly think there is a reason this one stood out to you, and besides the
phenomenal looks, it's not one you, or we for that matter really see every day. (y)
Not only is it easy on the eyes, but it ticks all the boxes you want ticked. I
don't want to set you in a different direction then the one you are already on.
Because it's a cool one. 😎

One watch, and one brand you might really enjoy down the road though is the
Otago from G. Gerlach. The watch almost fits all your criteria, but was on a
strap unfortunately. But down the road if you wanted to add another orange
watch on a strap, this one be a neat option for you. Plus, it's not an homage,
but feels both new, and old.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I went with a homage in the end. I couldn't help it, sorry, but it's well spec'd, love the design, and the reviews are marvellous. For $141 dollars I just had to do it. It's going to be my "go to" holiday watch, and it makes me smile when I look at it. Hopefully delivery will be next week :)
The Heimdallr Monster. Usual stuff, AR coated sapphire, 200m WR, great bezel action, and a decent bracelet with solid end links and a milled clasp.

·
Super Moderator
10,988 Posts
Mrs. Wiggles, there's no need to apologize. 😉 (y) This watch does it
all, and then some. It ticks all the boxes, and then will be making you,
and others smile all during the Holidays, and beyond ! 😀🥇🏆 Hey,
and how about that price?! ..You can't beat that, and you know what?!
It's actually a watch we really don't see, so it was a really terrific choice
all the way around.

A GIANT congrats ahead of time here !!!

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Heres one thats under the radar... But I know you hate Seiko's. Too late now anyway. This one is the Japanese version with an Arabic day wheel... Good luck with that Helmadinger thing... ;)

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Heres one thats under the radar... But I know you hate Seiko's. Too late now anyway. This one is the Japanese version with an Arabic day wheel... Good luck with that Helmadinger thing... ;)

That's lovely. No, I don't hate Seiko, I just believe they don't offer good value for money, and to me that is very important

1 - 10 of 10 Posts