Watch Freeks banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I have a friend who used to always answer that question with the following statement - "My glass is filled as much as I want it to be." That always made me laugh.

I am an optimist so my glass is 1/2 full.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

i try an be an optimist but really i'm a pesimist!

people disappoint in the end -but then again -it's all a matter of YOUR perception

so

WATHURSELF!!!

i am forever struggling to be positive, think positive, etc as negative thoughts & feelings only bring about more negativity!!

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Here is an example of my thoughts.

When I out having a meal, and my water glass falls below 1/2 that is a reduction of .50 from the tip. I dont tip real well, so two many of these and it will become ZERO pretty quick.

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
Here is an example of my thoughts.

When I out having a meal, and my water glass falls below 1/2 that is a reduction of .50 from the tip. I dont tip real well, so two many of these and it will become ZERO pretty quick.
That is a good way of looking at it Ron. LOL

I don't drink out of glasses so the bottle is half empty. LOL

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

Anomaly wrote:
I have a saying I use a lot...

"I'm not CYNICAL, I'm just REALISTIC..."
Im with Alan on this one.......in so many things you can try to be optomistic , but i always have that little voice in the back of my head telling me this is not going to be good in the end.......sometimes i am proven wrong, but i usually try and give the benefit of the doubt, but im kinda waiting for the screw up........

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Here is my philosophy; Never get too high (optimistic) or too low (pessimistic). Try to stay on an even keel. That way your expectations and your disappointments never waver too much from reality.

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

When I played sports...I was an optimist....I always believed that no matter how far behind we found ourselves we could win...I never gave up. In life...I don't expect too much...everything is earned. What I earn is what I get, nothing more, nothing less....as long as I know I earned it...I'm happy with what I get.

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
imported post

Every morning when I get up I am an Optimist.

Bythe end of the day I'm a Pessimist.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.