Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

So, one of the next pieces im lookin at is either Sinn or Bell and Ross Space2.....I stumbled across this one that you can get once in a while and really like it. Wanted your thoughts on it. Its made by sinn for B&R as B&R wasnt a manufacturer early on. so Sinn made these for them...

Auto Chrono GMT, about 41mm excluding crown.....

·
Premium Member
25,155 Posts
imported post

I really like the dial design.

It is all dial and no bezel, so I imagine it wears larger then the 41mm you mentioned. Personally I love the look of the watch.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

I don't know much abut this brand or model. It is attractive but at what cost? What about the movement? I really can't evaluate it but if you like it and can afford it who cares what I think!!!

·
Banned
556 Posts
imported post

okay, my thoughts.It has the sought after lemania 5100 movement.clean examples are hard to find, but those movements are bullet proof.I just so happens that I have that very same movement in my older fortis.

and just for you, heres my video of it running.

·
Banned
556 Posts
imported post

I saw the other posts.you can modify the eta 2836-2 for a gmt hand, but I don't think that works with the 7750.Sinn has one in their current lineup with the 5100, so I'm thinking this is using the 5100.I could be wrong,but I've owned a number of them and still do.Either way, its a fine movement.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

This is what I was looking for earlier . . . http://chuckmaddoxwatch.blogspot.com/2005/03/glycine-airman-9-1st-to-use-eta-7754.html

It's the Valjoux 7754 with GMT/2nd Time Zone hand.

I think this is what's in the Sinn/Bell & Ross.

I remember seeing this movement in the Breitling Navitimer World GMT model, but wasn't sure if this was a Breitling mod or it came straight from ETA/Valjoux. Looks like it could be the 7754.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
imported post

im really town between like 5 watches right now and its gonna come down to what deal crosses my plate first. I have a line on a few of these so well see....I cant take the waiting.....

Ball Hydrocarbon
Sinn/Bell And Ross Pictured Chrono GMT
Sinn Space2
Sinn U1
Anonimo Cronoscopio Mark2
Anonimo Professionale
Breitling Avenger Skyland

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

ericf4 wrote:
im really town between like 5 watches right now and its gonna come down to what deal crosses my plate first. I have a line on a few of these so well see....I cant take the waiting.....

Ball Hydrocarbon
Sinn/Bell And Ross Pictured Chrono GMT
Sinn Space2
Sinn U1
Anonimo Cronoscopio Mark2
Anonimo Professionale
Breitling Avenger Skyland
Well, I can tell you I'm not a big fan of Sinn or Anonimo at all. The other 2 however, I just love the looks of, the Breitling and the Ball. Those two are sweet as hell!

·
Registered
49 Posts
imported post

sheraortho wrote:
I just love the looks of, the Breitling and the Ball. Those two are sweet as hell!
I agree totally with sheraortho --- go for the Ball or the Breitling! Both are beautriful and superb watches. But, I suppose I am a bit biased here, Ball and Breitling are my two favorite watches . . .

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

I'm a huge fan of Ball Hydrocarbon. I don't own one but it is on my grail list. If you have the means then you should get one. The tubes provide crazy lume all night long.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
imported post

From your list I'd probably go with the Ball Hydrocarbon followed very closely by the U1 Sinn. If you were gonna go Navitimer, that would be number one, but I just prefer the Ball and the Sinn (U1) to the Avenger or the Anonimos.

Those are probably the top three watches on *MY* list of "grails". Hopefully I can swing at least one sometime this next year.

EVERYTHING on your list is great, though, Eric.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.