Watch Freeks banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Senior Novice
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife may get me an Imperial Man Of War, I can't load a pick looks like a Pam homage and I'm working 16 shouldn't be on the phone. If you're familiar with the watch and don't mind please give me your opinions and what's a good used price to offer. Condition appears 8/9 of 10 and comes on strap with bracelet. I'm calling here in a couple hours. There are a couple androids a Jugger2 Orange and another DB yellow faced Pro Aqa too, any opinions appreciated. On the run Thank You Freeks

·
Senior Novice
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks jason, 30 fell a bit short. "300ish" was his reply. I may handle his collection and go from there. I'll know after work tomorrow. I'm going to google it now. Thanx again.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Good or great condition doesn't really matter. This was a brand by Invicta which is basically defunct now. There is not a lot of resale value. I would offer $225 at most...$250 if you really like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Weren't this brand and "Strider" built in cooperation with Jim Skelton? I wouldn't touch anything he was associated with personally. Part of the reason for the crappy resale I would assume.

Good or great condition doesn't really matter. This was a brand by Invicta which is basically defunct now. There is not a lot of resale value. I would offer $225 at most...$250 if you really like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, basically the cost of the ETA movement.

·
Senior Novice
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank You for opinions, may get to check out the watches tomorrow. i found threads elsewhere but this is The site, i trust for the good the bad and the ugly.

·
Banned
754 Posts
If you click on search line of eBay and write down Imperious Man of War, then click on Refine Search and click on Sold Items, you'll find that $300 on bracelet is fair. Just the bracelet cost me about $100. I bought it with two or 3 straps for about $200. I got married wearing the SW200 silver dial blue accents. I would definitely offer less though. Can't hurt to try. It's really hard to find the bracelets and a lot of people end up selling the watches on straps because they can't find the original 25mm bracelet.

Just be really careful with making sure you see good pics of the bezel because it is high polished. The center links are also high polished.

It's a beautiful watch with very sexy lines. Be aware, some come with flame fusion, the original ones come with sapphire. I remember I wanted it badly and was so happy when I got it, that I never wore it just to save it for wedding day. You'll find many people that don't like anything related to Invicta and Inperious for a bunch of valid reasons, more importantly, awful customer service.

I only wear mine when I'm with my wife sometimes cus I can't wear the 50mm pieces anymore but I'd wear more often if it was 44-45mm. If you love 50mm watches, the Man of War will blow you away in beauty. At one point I had the white MOP version also and wanted the black textured dial originally more than the silver dial but I couldn't find one at my budget. Got lucky that my buddy sold it for a good deal then and still would be a good deal as you'll notice by finding out what they sell on eBay for.

Here are 3 of the 11 recently sold:

·
Senior Novice
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You guys really poured on some excellent direction, thank You sincerely for Your time; even the short comments.
I tried it on with a thick super supple Gunny strap, it's quite a spread on my small wrist. My wife really loves it and may bring it home to see how it looks on me; because she's bringing home a Deep Blue Juggernaut 2 woohoo!. I didn't walk out with it but i agreed to his price later given much contemplation.
Thank You for Your input, You'll see it if i get it too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts