Watch Freeks banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a busy selling period I received two watches today, the other I will post shortly. The Geckota G-02. I already own the G-01 which is pretty impressive, and that gave me a taste. The G-02 is a 40mm 200m dive watch, which comes with either an ETA 2824-2 or a PT 5000 movement. The normal selling price for the PT 5000 movement is £300 (£450 for the ETA) and are made in limited quantities. I bought this one from a seller on eBay, brand new without box for £180. Well, I was amazed how good it is. The overall finishing is excellent, the beads of rice bracelet is comfortable and attractive, whilst the 120 click bezel and it's green epoxy resin insert has a great action. The most amazing thing is the PT 5000 movement. The PT 5000 is a clone of the ETA 2824, and the reports have been excellent. I gave it about ten winds and then put it on the timegrapher, and it's simply amazing. It doesn't matter what you spend on a calibre, nothing can be better than this

·
Super Moderator
10,364 Posts
Beautiful Mrs. Wiggles ! 😲 😯 The look of these Geckotas never
ceases to amaze really, and just love the designs. 😀 Honestly
feels like every one of their models is somehow able to blend
something new, and different, with a real timelessness. With this
one giving you this remarkable classic diver’s charm with it’s
stunning dial, and bezel one second. Then an ulra cool almost
Doxa feel with the beads of rice bracelet. It’s a phenomenal
combination !

How about that movement also?! That’s one incredible cherry
on top sir. Oh by the way, and who needs the box anyway?! 😄
What a great get, and Geckota ! BIG congrats !!! Enjoy MW !

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Wiggs that looks great, and at a right nice price. When my dearly beloved saw your post of the G-01 she put herself on their mailing list to be informed when they produce more. She loves the red dial version, frankly i like all the G-01versions, and love that she was actually interested.
Thanks for posting the numbers too, that ‘s excellent.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
The most amazing thing is the PT 5000 movement. The PT 5000 is a clone of the ETA 2824, and the reports have been excellent. I gave it about ten winds and then put it on the timegrapher, and it's simply amazing. It doesn't matter what you spend on a calibre, nothing can be better than this

Line looks good in that particular position... I've seen straighter lines than that. Got a good read for you.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
That is an amazing readout on the timegrapher!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts