Watch Freeks banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm still here! Just had my watch budget obliterated by my little (almost 15) girl this summer, she's had Jiu Jitsu tournaments and cheerleader camp! So, the Tissot I was saving for will have to wait but that's ok.. Anyhow, on to my watch related question. We were watching a movie last night, some assassin thing, I noticed that the "hero" was wearing his watch on the inside of his wrist, I guess to avoid busting it on the face of the baddies? Mentioned it to wifey who rolled eyes most expressively !
So you an iny or an outy? And reasons. I'm an outy but just out of habit not necessity.
Cheers all, keep on enjoying your summer.
Derek

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I am an outy.

I use to wear huge cuff like watches with the dial underneath my wrist. I stopped doing that. was scratching the crystal too much.

·
Super Moderator
10,601 Posts
Cool Derek, and cool question ! :cool: :cool: Used to actually be an iny believe it or not when I was a kid. Think it was to protect the watch at the time, but that was a long time ago. Have been an outy forever now it seems. It's just easier to look down, and enjoy the watch, and also check the time. :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Jeff, yes, that was it! "John Wick", wasn't sure which watch it was though. Wifey wouldn't let me rewind and stop the thing to get a better look , women ha!!

Cheers
D.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
when i was a little kid my uncle in construction wore the crystal down...only 1 i ever seen do it...

i did not copy my uncle in this or any other way-

E-W DRIVER'S WATCH = kool

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hey Jeff, yes, that was it! "John Wick", wasn't sure which watch it was though. Wifey wouldn't let me rewind and stop the thing to get a better look , women ha!!

Cheers
D.
looks to be a Carl F. Bucherer Manero AutoDat

http://bestwatchbrandshq.com/keanu-reeves-watch-in-john-wick-movie/

He wore and Oris in "Constantine." The product placement in that movie was more obvious.

http://www.swisshwatches.com/shop/4580080374/oris-modern-classic-constantine-25j-automatic-(ref-7490)/6827264

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Always on the outside, the watch gets banged up and scratched up more if you wear on the inside then out.

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Always on the outside. Scratches would be unavoidable on the inside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Outy here. I could see going iny for example if you drive for a living and need to get the time with a quick glance without having to twist your wrist around to see the dial.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts