Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Danny T for inspiring the rhyming title. So I ordered the Sea-Dweller for my 40th birthday and while I really liked the watch in every aspect, yes even the 40mm was actually quite nice. An oppurtunity for me to obtain a Rolex that I thought was originally out of my league, came up and I had to take the chance, and a certain watchfreek convinced me by his words of wisdom. So I am on my way to pick up this that is waiting for me at Fed-Ex. i will post a ton of pics tonight when I get home.

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Outstanding!! Happy for you. Looking forward to seeing her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: great_mazinger

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
It's still 40mm but wears more like 42mm and its newer by 10 years, has the new glide lock bracelet, different lume, maxi dial/case, cerachrom bezel.

Ah fair enough. Wearing like a 42 is always nice. I always thought the sea dweller was bigger. Glad I asked. Learnt skmething new haha. Newer is always nicer. :smile-thumb2:

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts
Ah fair enough. Wearing like a 42 is always nice. I always thought the sea dweller was bigger. Glad I asked. Learnt skmething new haha. Newer is always nicer. :smile-thumb2:

SD wears taller than a Sub due to the caseback

·
Super Moderator
10,668 Posts
Can't get better than this really GM ! Yowzers !!! :smileyface_hand_cla :cool: :) You can see, and basically feel the outstanding quality from here sir. You've got to be on cloud 9 right about now. Boy oh boy, it's just perfect, and am imagining how it must feel on the wrist. Happy Birthday GM ! You deserve it !!! Big congrats !

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yep, wears taller. And the SD-C 4K wears even taller at 15mm

Definitely wears taller also due to the crystal sitting taller than the bezel. I don't mind taller watches but as my tastes change 15mm is my new cut off as opposed to my 18mm I used to prefer. 12-15mm for height and 40-44mm is where I now like to stay.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts