Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Had posted this on another couple watch forums, and figured it would make for a good resource here too...

Saw this posted on another site, and thought I'd share it here. Really cool read about the Omega watches worn by the man himself....007. Thought the guy who created it did a good job.

http://www.shadeone.com/watches/

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

I had the laser beam / grappling hook version but had it taken away from me at the airport............:q

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

awesome read and pictures. thank you for posting that.

personally we loved Pierce Brosnan as Bond.

Pierce Brosnan got a second chance at Bond-dom in 1995 when he starred as Agent 007 in "Golden Eye." Brosnan was a hit, and many argued that he was the best Bond since Connery. Brosnan played Bond three more times: "Tomorrow Never Dies" (1997), "The World Is Not Enough" (1999), and "Die Another Day" (2002). Brosnan was reportedly fired from the role prior to his fifth film as Bond.

·
Registered
12 Posts
imported post

Nice read and pics!

I must say I am much more of a Daniel Craig fan than Pierce Brosnan. I like the direction of the last two movies, they seem to have a more realistic action feel than previous films. JMO.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

really cool pictoral and write up about the omegas and what they did in the bond movies.........but for me, there will always only be one James Bond...............

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
imported post

tattoo chef wrote:
really cool pictoral and write up about the omegas and what they did in the bond movies.........but for me, there will always only be one James Bond...............

I gotta agree wit cha.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
Looks like every other diver of this style too me!
That's because alot of other brands want to cash in on the top manufacturer's designs. Imitation is the best form of flattery.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Boosted wrote:
RipitRon wrote:
Looks like every other diver of this style too me!
That's because alot of other brands want to cash in on the top manufacturer's designs. Imitation is the best form of flattery.
Yeah I bet The big R is soooooo impressed with Omega's version!

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Too each is own, I personally think all Pro Diver style watches are so played and they should be buried!!! Including that one!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I did enjoy reading the article the OP posted. I like how they charted the use of the watch in the movies. This has to be one of the greatest "product placement" advertisements of all time. So great that it has been exposed and featured in these incredibly popular movies over a span of decades.

Interesting.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

If everybody and their brother didn't offer 100 different variations of "homages", you wouldn't see so many. People obviously like them, so I doubt they're going anywhere.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

Back on topic, don't think it's been mentioned, but Connery wore a Rolex. Roger Moore wore some kind of digital Seiko if I'm not mistaken.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts