awesome to be more accurate. 馃殌But I wonder how real genuine
honest to goodness Omega owners will feel about these. I mean to
me they seem great because they genuinely seem to give us that
classic Moonwatch feel. Not to mention give all of the charm for an
incrediblly reaosnable price. AND it actually has the name 'Omega'
on the dial. 馃榾

Hey Steve, and they even have a Pluto model ! (y) ..This has to be
one of the coolest Swatch releases in a while sir, and that is saying
something. Because they have so many each year. THX once again !

I just watched Fratello鈥檚 YouTube clip on these. I live very nearby a Swatch store and they open on Saturday at 09.30鈥︹ I must have one. Either the Mercury of the Moon version. They are NOT limited so as long as they are produced you can buy one. 250 Euro鈥檚 won鈥檛 break the bank but I鈥檓 guessing there will a long, long line outside that store.

Reactions: trip_67 and Reflex

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
馃槻馃槷I know that I didn't see these yet Steve, holy cow, thanks a lot
for the news about these !!!

To tell you the truth I think these are just terrific, or out of this world
awesome to be more accurate. 馃殌But I wonder how real genuine
honest to goodness Omega owners will feel about these. I mean to
me they seem great because they genuinely seem to give us that
classic Moonwatch feel. Not to mention give all of the charm for an
incrediblly reaosnable price. AND it actually has the name 'Omega'
on the dial. 馃榾

Hey Steve, and they even have a Pluto model ! (y) ..This has to be
one of the coolest Swatch releases in a while sir, and that is saying
something. Because they have so many each year. THX once again !
I think it's a release that they'll likely sell more than a few of.

Some nice touches too imo, like the dot over 90 and an S etched in the centre of the crystal. I shall be grabbing at least one as a beater.

Seiko can/should take a leaf out of their book and release a nice quartz diver for a decent price.

Is it safe to assume they have an all-plastic case? :unsure:
Two-thirds of the material is ceramic and one-third is a castor oil based plastic. So it鈥檚 a composite.

Reactions: Lawyer Aidroos

Super Moderator
I'm sorry, but this is brand dilution... A quartz Omega / Swatch that is actually just a Swatch.. I am not sure what they are aiming for here, maybe to bring younger people into Omega via Swatch, but eh..... This is how you cheapen a brand image.

Super Moderator
I think it's a release that they'll likely sell more than a few of.

Some nice touches too imo, like the dot over 90 and an S etched in the centre of the crystal. I shall be grabbing at least one as a beater.

Seiko can/should take a leaf out of their book and release a nice quartz diver for a decent price.

There鈥檚 no doubt you are correct Steve, and I think a lot of
people will be joining you in picking one, or even more up. 馃榾
Just like you said, all the great touches as well as so many
different variations make these that much more attractive. (y)
Plus the pricing isn鈥檛 bad either.

Pretty wild stuff sir, thanks once again !!!

P.S. Yes, Seiko should try something like this out. 馃槈 And also
keep it an affordable non limited edition.

Watch Freek
Omega Day Date, Raymond Weil(s), Seiko(s) and micro brands.
In case anyone hasn't caught this one yet

I have been on this to book the limited 2 units since yesterday. Got the news day before yesterday early morning. Solid eta quartz, yet to see bioceramic and cool straps. 26.03.2022 is when it's going to be available in stores.

Watch Freek
There鈥檚 no doubt you are correct Steve, and I think a lot of
people will be joining you in picking one, or even more up. 馃榾
Just like you said, all the great touches as well as so many
different variations make these that much more attractive. (y)
Plus the pricing isn鈥檛 bad either.

Pretty wild stuff sir, thanks once again !!!

P.S. Yes, Seiko should try something like this out. 馃槈 And also
keep it an affordable non limited edition.
Bored of Seiko line up. Seiko 5's unreliable accuracy. This eta housed in a poor man's Speedmaster is my go to beater. 30 meter water resistance is very low. My dress line Raymond Weils have 50m now.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I'm sorry, but this is brand dilution... A quartz Omega / Swatch that is actually just a Swatch.. I am not sure what they are aiming for here, maybe to bring younger people into Omega via Swatch, but eh..... This is how you cheapen a brand image.
Brand dilution as I understand it is when a company creates something new that doesn鈥檛 sync well with their brand and which ends up costing them in the long run mostly by a diminished brand image as you mention.

Who remembers (or can forget) the Microsoft phone, Dr Pepper BBQ Sauce, Cadbury's Smash, Harley Davidson perfume and ...? Pretty epic failures imo for those company's who's brand image remain strong in their respective market places. People forget and move on because they like most other things that the brand represents and Omega is a very strong brand and is generally well liked. It may well not be the case for smaller enterprises who cannot afford to take such a knock.

The jury's out on this one but can't see it doing Omega any harm. In fact it could well be the contrary.

Edit: Everywhere one looks, this release appears to have caused unprecedented hype and excitement not seen in quite some time. So much for the demise of conventional horology

Firstly, I think these are really cool. Quartz chronographs are, in my opinion, totally underrated.

I think this is a huge move for Swatch. I don鈥檛 understand what Omega gets out of it other than, I suppose, huge mindshare. Will this dilute Omegas brand? I dunno. Maybe? Do they care? Getting more people out there wearing an entry level Omega is still Omega being out there. That can鈥檛 count for nothing.

WR is really low, but I don鈥檛 know if I care. Won鈥檛 wear it in the pool but I wouldn鈥檛 wear my speedy it either.

I don鈥檛 like the Velcro strap AT ALL. swap it out for a nice strap and I think your in business.
Or a bioceramic bracelet colored to the care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lawyer Aidroos

Watch Freek
Ceramic Reinforced Plastic... ;)
Not bad at 300 USD.
Watch Analog watch Clock Everyday carry Material property

Never tried a GS in hand before, today I had the itch to. 20% off MSRP, still a boring watch, we'll finish, exceptionally cool. But I didn't like the feeling once I put this on the wrist. Instead I instantly fell in love with the Omega Speedmaster on a stainless bracelet, marvelous, balanced weight, feels comfortable around the wrist, lug to lug just great.

I've always tried out other Omegas and been disappointed with the harsh edges, but somehow today the Speedmaster felt excellent. I even went the whole way until 12% discounts by the AD. Only 2 units are left in the city I reside at. Didn't have the courage to justify this impulsive acquisition to my dear wife, who limited my watch box to six slots. Selling my RWs.

Back to the point of plastic merged ceramic, I'm happy owning a toy quartz cheap Speedmaster which I can store in the car's glove compart, so it doesn't eat up any slots.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts