Watch Freeks banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I’ve just bought this beautiful watch but I would be very pleased to know the opinion of the experts on this model. I really don’t know if the watch is full original for what I see… could someone help me please?
Thank you.

Cheers,

Hugo

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’ve tried, but I couldn’t find much info about it. At least not regarding to AM parts. But I do believe it is a legit one, I only want to be sure…

·
Super Moderator
1,405 Posts
It looks original to me. However, Omega did not always print serial numbers on the cases / case backs. If you want to be 100% certain, take it to an Omega dealer, ask them to remove the back and expose the movement. There should be a serial number indicated on the movement.

Congrats on a very nice purchase!

·
Super Moderator
1,405 Posts
If anyone knows some online literature about this model, please share the links here. Thank you all

There is not a lot online about the Mark II, it is considered among more than a few Speedmaster enthusiasts to be a "lesser brother" to the original Speedmaster (Moonwatch). The Mark II was, in theory, a replacement for the original, but it didn't take very well.

My father purchased one in 1969, he still has it to this day. It's gorgeous, but you can see the prices on Chrono24 are not the same for the Mark II as they are for the Moonwatch.

In regard to articles, I think Google will be your friend!

Otherwise, you have this: Speedy Tuesday - Omega Speedmaster Mark II 1969 - 2014 Review

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There is not a lot online about the Mark II, it is considered among more than a few Speedmaster enthusiasts to be a "lesser brother" to the original Speedmaster (Moonwatch). The Mark II was, in theory, a replacement for the original, but it didn't take very well.

My father purchased one in 1969, he still has it to this day. It's gorgeous, but you can see the prices on Chrono24 are not the same for the Mark II as they are for the Moonwatch.

In regard to articles, I think Google will be your friend!

Otherwise, you have this: Speedy Tuesday - Omega Speedmaster Mark II 1969 - 2014 Review
Yes, it is known as the lesser Speedmaster, and It is a shame because it is a beautiful piece… specially the racing dial.. thanks for the help!

·
Super Moderator
15,152 Posts
Hi there Hugo ! 😀

Welcome to the forum. 🙂

And a BIG congratulations on the watch too !!! ..I am no expert
unfortunately, but have to agree with FBPB, it does look like it
is genuine from here at least. ..Wow, you are right, it definitely
IS beautiful. 😮

I just found another site, as well as video for you that could
help with things a little more hopefully. Enjoy, and I hope you