Watch Freeks banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

dedward wrote:
My 45.5 broke in nov.The mainspring let go.Jareds sent it to omega.I went to pick it up today.I unscrewed the crown and started to wind it.It felt like gravel plus it didn't wind evenly.Kind of slipping abit.I tell this to the jeweler who takes the watch and winds it.He says it feels fine.wtf? so I have him take a po out of the display case and wind it.Its smooth as butter.Now he understands.I pull the crown to set the date.well that doesn't work.it instead adjusted the time.So I pushed the crown back in,thinking I didn't count the clicks.Well guess what.its only got 2 positions.wind and time set.The date position is missing.Well, I'm getting pretty pissed off by now.I then go to thread in the crown.It felt good, took about 5 turns on the threads then stops like it should.but its about 2mm from being closed.?????????????while I'm tightening the crown, the crown tube started to come out.well now its totally screwed up.Its going back.hopefully to a different service center.This was supposed to go to fl.instead it went to the NJ.center.horror stories about that place.So no po for another 2 months.I'm going to buy a new one while this one is in repair hell.Maybe 2nd time is the charm.Not a total waste of a trip though.Sarah, the service writer is pretty stacked.We're going out to dinner.didn't get my watch back but might get laid.
:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%...Hey Sean thats why I always say things happen for a reason...its worth going back for the 2 months and a trip back to get some...

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
imported post

When I read your post got a grin on my face. Real sorry about the watch guess it can happen to the best, but at least you will have something to compensate you. lol

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

Dedward,

I'm sorry to hear about this. Despite your bad experience I still think Omega makes a fantastic timepiece. Hopefully this all gets sorted out. I owned a PO when they first came out, but sold it to finance something else (non-watch related). I didn't have any problems with mine and it was a great watch. I miss it to this day.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

sorry to hear about your watch. I hope you are able to get it fixed correctly finally and back quickly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.