Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Omega PO XL just stopped running today. :(

I've contacted the local service center which just happens to be in NJ. I'll be sending it out tomorrow 6/30. Let's see how long it takes to get it repaired and back to me. I plan on going for the full service as long as I'm sending it in. So it should come back looking like new.

I'll update this thread when I have any new information to report on the progress of the repair.

·
Registered
804 Posts
No fun at all. Have been there! A recent inquiry with omega told me 8 weeks wait. In my experience though, with other manufactures, times were significantly less than quoted. Hang in there : )

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
A while back, I traded my PO 2500D XL for an 8500 XL, but was horrified to hear that the 2500D got to the other other guy DOA. Fortunately, he lived in close proximity to a service center and since he already had a good rapport with them, the guys there agreed to treat it as a warranty issue even though it was a few days out of warranty. Turns out, the problem was some lubricant that had dried and flaked off, probably agitated by shipping. What started as a cause for consternation turned into him getting a freshly serviced Planet Ocean out of the trade. Had I not traded the watch, I probably would've had the same problem without a convenient service center.

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The local service center is in Secaaucus NJ. I'll let them take a look at the watch. I'm getting fixed either way but I'll determine if I go for the complete service when I see the repair price. If you get the complete service they return the watch to you in like new condition. I'm just sad that it stopped running. That means I'll be without it for at least 8 weeks.

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Step 1: Shipped out today 6/30 via USPS Priority Mail with insurance. Should arrive on 7/1/2015.

·
Registered
549 Posts
was wondering how old is the watch ???

My Omega PO XL just stopped running today. :(

I've contacted the local service center which just happens to be in NJ. I'll be sending it out tomorrow 6/30. Let's see how long it takes to get it repaired and back to me. I plan on going for the full service as long as I'm sending it in. So it should come back looking like new.

I'll update this thread when I have any new information to report on the progress of the repair.

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Step 2: Arrived at the service center at 9:08am today.

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Step 3: Feedback from Service Center

Dear Valued Customer,

We are happy to inform you that your Omega watch has arrived safely to
our Customer Service Department and is registered under service order
number XXXXXXX.

You will soon be receiving an additional e-mail from our service center
that contains the details of our diagnostic result.

Please visit our website, https://www2.swatchgroup-repairs.com/SGUS
to follow the status of your watch throughout the service process.

The following information will allow you to access detailed information
regarding your file.

Login Number - XXXXXX
Password - XXXXX

Additionally, you may always view our service pricing and FAQ's by
visiting www.SGUSCustomerService.com

We thank you in advance for your trust and patience.

Sincerely,

Omega Customer Service
E-Mail: [email protected]
Telephone: 877-839-5224

Reactions: FunkDaLicious

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Step 3: Feedback from Service Center

Dear Valued Customer,

We are happy to inform you that your Omega watch has arrived safely to
our Customer Service Department and is registered under service order
number XXXXXXX.

You will soon be receiving an additional e-mail from our service center
that contains the details of our diagnostic result.

Please visit our website, https://www2.swatchgroup-repairs.com/SGUS
to follow the status of your watch throughout the service process.

The following information will allow you to access detailed information
regarding your file.

Login Number - XXXXXX
Password - XXXXX

Additionally, you may always view our service pricing and FAQ's by
visiting www.SGUSCustomerService.com

We thank you in advance for your trust and patience.

Sincerely,

Omega Customer Service
E-Mail: [email protected]
Telephone: 877-839-5224
Nice! Moving along nicely!!!

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Step 4: I received the detailed repair order via e-mail from Omega Service today. I was able to sign on to my on-line repair account and authorize the repair from there along with a credit card payment. I decided to go for the complete service option. With this option I get:

Complete Maintenance Service

> Dismantling, cleaning, assembly, oiling of the watch movement
> Repair or replacement of worn or damaged movement parts, Certain Exceptions apply
> Adjustment and regulation of the timekeeping to factory specifications
> Replacement of Crown, Push-Buttons, Gaskets, and Battery (if applicable) * Special Mineral or Sapphire Crystals and Precious metal parts invoiced separately
> Restoration of Water Resistance to factory specifications
> Cleaning of Case and Bracelet to factory specifications * Ceramic, Hard Metal, PVD, and plated finishes - cleaning only
> Final Visual and Technical Inspection including timekeeping, additional functions of the watch, and aesthetics
> Our workshops reserve the right to replace the hands, crown, push buttons, and crystal of your watch by original pieces or by brand components if their choice that are comparable, aesthetically similar and maintain the same functionality.

Warranty

We offer twenty four months of warranty on the work carried out on a complete maintenance service or partial maintenance. In the event of a fault covered by this warranty, we will, at our discretion and without cost, repair or replace any spare parts and/or rectify a faulty service as identified by our Customer Service.

All other rights resulting from the faulty execution of our services are expressly excluded. This warranty does not cover normal wear and tear or damage caused by accidents or negligence.

This warranty is rendered void if work is carried out on the watch by persons who are not authorized to do so by Swatch Group US.

The estimated date of completion for this service is 09/10/2015.

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
So far this process has gone as smooth as silk. The cost for a complete service is high but they return you a basically brand new watch. The way they do the service is amazing. The communication is fantastic. If you go to your service page they even post a picture of your watch after they receive it.

I am very impressed up to this step. I hope they can get it back to me a little faster but "good things come to those that wait".

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, was the service cost about what they list on the Omega site for your specific model (i.e. Current Caliber Mechanical)?

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you don't mind me asking, was the service cost about what they list on the Omega site for your specific model (i.e. Current Caliber Mechanical)?

All in (tax & shipping included) $586.75

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts
So far this process has gone as smooth as silk. The cost for a complete service is high but they return you a basically brand new watch. The way they do the service is amazing. The communication is fantastic. If you go to your service page they even post a picture of your watch after they receive it.

I am very impressed up to this step. I hope they can get it back to me a little faster but "good things come to those that wait".
I had a Tudor serviced, the cost is well worth the price! You will be more than happy!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
That is pretty good. Was thinking of sending mine in, but unfortunately it's a chronograph, so it'll be a bit more expensive.

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
IMO, very reasonable for what they are doing.
I agree. I knew that at some point I would need to spend some money to take care of these higher end watches. At least with an Omega service you get your monies worth.

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That is pretty good. Was thinking of sending mine in, but unfortunately it's a chronograph, so it'll be a bit more expensive.
I had no choice, as the watch went dead on me and there was no way I was not going to bring her back to life. I love this watch way too much, and if I can't buy another watch because I repaired this one , well I'm just fine with that.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts