Watch Freeks banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Was able to secure it for $237.00..a fair deal I believe.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

Wow. Very cool! Looks to be in decent shape as well.
How come the case back has no markings, almost looks like someone buffed it all off.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

That is a concern and I have been wondering about that. Watch should be on my doorstep this afternoon. I have a 6 month warranty so if it's not up to par back it goes. Dealer is very reputable. Been selling since the mid 1970's.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
imported post

Nice watch Kevin !
Good price too. And dont worry too much about the case back, ive had watches with no writing or engraving at all on their backs. Old time cases like that often didnt , as cases were made by other companies , and sold in bulk to watch makers .
You will know when you pop the back off to check the maker. I wouldnt even worry over it.
Rod

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
imported post

Great find dude. Congradulations. I have an omega too that has nothing on its case-back too.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks for all the comments gentlemen. I was speaking with the dealer yesterday. He's been around awhile and is as solid as solid can get. (girards.com). He sponsers quite a few shows around the country each year. He told me exactly what crotch said. All the pertinent information will be on the inside of the case back. Dial appears to be original as it has a small chip at the four. Looking forward to it arriving.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Abdullah wrote:
Great find dude. Congradulations. I have an omega too that has nothing on its case-back too.

Thanks for the great photo Ab!

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

I'll post photos early next week. Stay tuned...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts