Watch Freeks banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
watch 017.jpg
Purchased this watch about 15 years ago,but not able to find model so i can value it,could enyone help out.

Reactions: Peixian

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Can't help you with that one. Looks like the condition of yours is not so good. That will certainly knock the value down. These were very popular and they made a lot of them so anything in poor condition would be of questionable value.

I do have an old one myself that sits in my box and gets a battery change every few years, but no wrist time.

Reactions: mikedalton24

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
I'm guessing you want ideas on its value so you can sell it? The value is what someone is willing to pay for it. If I were you, I'd put it on eBay for a trial run and see what kind of bids you get on it. That'll help you get an idea as to what someone will actually pay for it. You might be surprised/happy with the results or maybe disappointed...you can always cancel the auction if you don't get the the bidding activity you hope for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't help you with that one. Looks like the condition of yours is not so good. That will certainly knock the value down. These were very popular and they made a lot of them so anything in poor condition would be of questionable value.

I do have an old one myself that sits in my box and gets a battery change every few years, but no wrist time.

Hi Spaceview,thanks for reply.
I agree my watch is not in great condition but its keeps time perfect.
They are not so popular as i am having great difficulty finding another watch like it.
It was very expensive watch when purchased with value of close to 1600 sterling.
Can eny one post a pic or direct me to site that could value such a watch.:smile-thumb2:

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
This one on bracelet only sold for $114 , again in great condition.
http://bit.ly/1hM5atu

Unfortunately with condition or yours and seeing what these go for I doubt you will get much of anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
What a cool model! Have you had any luck? The size looks pretty substantial. Anyone have measurements?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I´ve bought this watch in 1995 in London in a shop in the basement of the Trocadero for 600 GBP, it came in a massive box with a swiss army knife. I loved this watch but it got stolen couple of years later.

Since then i try to track down the exact model to purchase it again. I even contacted Victorinox and they told me they´ve NEVER had a watch with a integrated compass manufactured...

Anyway I´m still looking for one of those in good condition to buy.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I remember seeing a watch with a compass similar to this one, maybe from Victorinox (are they the same company now?) but it was put up for less than 300$. Don't think it sold.

The thing with watches is, unless it belongs to a very good and prestigious brand, unless it is still in good condition, unless it is rare and/or sought after for various reasons, it will NOT retain in value and, perhaps not even sell for a meager price.

As far as I know watches like this aren't sought after and barely sell.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
I bought a Momentum Steelix for cheep the other day
Couldn't get my mind off how much it resembles the
Wenger Field Watch of days gone by
It has a Seiko VX23 engine that the second hand hits
each second mark dead bang on. Remanescent of the
Seiko VX43 used in my Deep Blue 1,000 meter AppDvr.

Lou Snutt

·
Registered
1 Posts
"Old style" swiss army compass watch

Hello...I bought 2 of the Swiss Army compass watches...the first while on my honeymoon in Aruba, 31 years ago...I think it was $350 USD from Tourneau Corners Jewelers. It is still in great shape; but I put a heavy black rubber diving band on it. Next...I saw a nearly new watch on ebay this past February...and it may have been the watch referred to by someone else in a comment to your post. Anyway...I paid a 150 USD...it arrived...and cannot be told from new! Not a mark on it. They don't make watches like this anymore...heavy surgical grade stainless steel...ruby red dial...heavy weight. Anyway...I love em both...and the other 10 or so watches...most of them are swiss army chronos. In addition...I think it was made for swiss army by Texwiss or Texswiss (am too lazy to check) I should post my collection? let me know...thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
compass watch

i have one of these watches must of had it over 30 years now just removed the back and ordered a new battery big heavy watch very hard to find anywhere now might start wearing again

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
canonlyb1:
Had me this exact watch once. Bought it at Sams.
Damn good beater for a fact.
No idea of it's worth. Only what a perspective buyer
would pay I reckon.

Lou Snutt

1 - 15 of 15 Posts