Watch Freeks banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm the original owner of this watch and it doesn't work anymore. I live in a third world country (McAlester, Oklahoma) so jewelers are almost nonexistent. When I last took it to the local guy he said it might be because the battery had died and maybe leaked. The two buttons won't push so he might be right. Is it worth sending to Bulova or is it just for looks now?

Attachments

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
I would try taking the back off, check the battery to see if it leaked or is just dead. If it's just a dead battery, replace it yourself.

·
Registered
389 Posts
It's probably oxidized, just looking at it. The battery may not have leaked, but you'll never know until you open it. Jewelers will just send it to bulova anyway, so cut the middle man and send it yourself, or try a watch repair place if you have one near you.

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts
If it just needs work, I would give Jack at International Watch Works a shot. He's one of the best and will be a straight shooter in regards to repair or replace.

I agree, take off the back. If you do not have a caseback opener, use a rubber ball, ball of tape or other sticky item to put downward pressure on the caseback and turn. It should do the trick...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts