Watch Freeks banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and decided it would be of my best interest to get some background on some watches I've obtained. I have a friend who can be quite the hoarder, yet somehow manages to keep everything in impeccable condition. So I stopped over and they told me they were trying to clean out a bit, so they wanted me to take some stuff home. Some of that stuff happened to be some pretty wacky watches. So amongst other crazy watches (Takara transformer watches, anyone?) there were loads of vintage arcade watches. So I have a couple today to share and would love any info anybody has on them. The games are Pac-Man (D-Pad version, not joystick) Frogger, and Star Trek II. They're produced by Nelsonic for the Frogger and Pac-Man and Armitron for the Star Trek II. Also the value of a good Pac-Man seems to be about the $100-150 range, but I have no clue the value of the Frogger or Star Trek II watch, so that would be very useful to know as well. But I'm just interested in knowing exactly what I've obtained and whether they're particularly rare or not. All watches are tested and fully functional, and don't have a scratch on any one of the displays. The bottom band on the Frogger is detached but I do have the band as well as the pin.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Nice to meet you and welcome.

Can you post some pictures please. Would love to see them. Thanks and welcome again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I remember those from when they were new... I wasn't cool enough to have one, but I knew kids who were. I suspect that any current rarity comes through the fact that they were strapped to the wrist of an 8-year-old :p

Sorry, I don't have much else that's particularly helpful.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
A Frogger watch sold last month on Ebay for $390 without box, so if you can attach the strap, then you know what area value is in.

Search the completed listings looking for the green amounts showing successful conclusions.

·
Super Moderator
11,413 Posts
Can't help you on the price, or how rare these are Ikaros, but can say they are really neat, and ridiculously cool ! :cool: :smileyface_hand_claWould maybe keep them, and just enjoy the nostalgia. Welcome to Watchfreeks by the way. Hope you can stop in once in a while, and have some fun !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts